Gemini Man

11th October
The Day Shall Come
Abominable
American Woman
Farming
Tehran: City of Love

18th October
The Laundromat (Netflix, in cinemas now)
Shaun the Sheep: Farmageddon
Non Fiction
The Peanut Butter Falcon
Zombieland: Double Tap
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Official Secrets

23rd October
Terminator: Dark Fate

25th October
The Last Black Man in San Francisco
The Beach Bum
By the Grace of God
Monos
Countdown
Black and Blue
The Addams Family

31st October
Doctor Sleep

Best September film release

• IT: Chapter Two
  • The Farewell
  • Hustlers
  • Ad Astra
  • For Sama
  • Honeyland
  • Ready or Not
  • Downton Abbey
  • The Last Tree
  • Phoenix
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Only about 1.5 interesting films this month (Joker and maybe Zombieland), unless anyone can tell me that the titles I don’t recognise might actually be for great under marketed films.

Bait

Came out in August!

The Day Shall Come - new Chris Morris film
Shaun the Sheep - first one was great!
Non Fiction - sounds like the most stereotypically French film ever, but has has good reviews
The Last Black Man in San Francisco - one of the best reviewed films of the year
Monos - great synopsis ‘On a faraway mountaintop, eight kids with guns watch over a hostage and a conscripted milk cow.’

2 Likes

No way this wont be utter nonsense

Perfect!

1 Like

Mostly hoping for some classic horror movies to get wheeled out later in the month, really missing being near the Prince Charles this year.

Cineworld have ghostbusters this Sunday for anyone interested

(I’m travelling too close to the end, boo)

1 Like

Also I’ve noticed the Goldfinch is down to daytime screenings only at my local CWs from Friday, it must have really bombed.

1 Like

Aye, was hoping it would hold out for another weekend. Down to midday on a Sunday as the only option and not even at my normal branch…

Yeah, has totally tanked everywhere

Interestingly despite all the talk of Ad Astra being a film audiences hate, its second weekend drop in the UK was pretty small.

Yeah local Vue has it down for a 10am, 11am, 4pm and 10pm showing today. Not bad for something like Once Upon a Time, but when its only 5 days after it came out? Ruh roh

3 Likes

rojo

I was looking at the YouTube comments for the Bait trailer and someone compared Kernow King to Tom Hardy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Why is there a new terminator film?

Oh - actually sounds slightly interesting (haven’t watched a trailer or anything tho, just janes Cameron being involved again)

Hollywood loves IPs! (see also why we keep getting Alien films)

1 Like