October 2019 Film Thread

Yeah saw this trailer today

Looks shiiiiiiiit

I’m going to see the original in the cinema Halloween week with my son, can’t wait for that

1 Like

Stephen King revealed that he was writing the novel in 2011, and it was published in 2013. It begins with the aphorism “FEAR stands for Fuck Everything And Run”.

:eyes:

Must have been a big Ian Brown fan

11 Likes

Really unsure about the tone of the trailer, bc of calls to Kubrick’s film but then loadsa other stuff that seems a bit standard 2019 horror film

So tonally I dunno what to think

2 Likes

Watched two films rated 0% on RT today. Both deservedly

Just watched Species for the first time in 15 years. Fuuck me wot a load of shite. Now watching Species 2.

4 Likes

Species is like Citizen Kane in comparison to Species 2

4 Likes
1 Like

-kiyonemakibi, drownedinsound

2 Likes

how many films do you guys see at the cinema in a month? i would love to go more but the price is a little too spicy for me. feel like by the time i see most films everyone has already moved on.

Are you on the Meerkat Movies train?

And looks like I average around 3 a month for the last few years - though it’s more that I can go three times in a week at peak release times then not go again for a few months.

1 Like

The TV & I have had Cineworld Unlimited cards for years so we go all the time. It’s about £17 a month so well worth if you have one near you and intend to go twice a month

2 Likes

Unlimited card innit. Typically go and see about three things a week.

3 Likes

I work in a crappy chain cinema so I get free films. I aim for 2/3 a month.

1 Like

ahhh an insider! you see what hugh grant said about the flicks being too loud? inclined to agree with him, when i go to a vue cinema sometimes i come out with the beginnings of a migraine. don’t get it with everyman theatres but who has the money for them every month.

That’s a lotta fillums!!!

4 Likes

not yet, there’s still a fair few of his classics that I haven’t got round to watching!

1 Like

Lots of them are poor to average!

1 Like