October politics thread - counting down to doom in weeks and days

Oh good. Heart attacks aren’t scary any more apparently.

Absolute fucking moron

3c5gro

14 Likes

CUSTOMSS ffs

12 Likes

Did Joris Bohnson make this

9 Likes

Pritti Patel has done such a good job of swiftly topping my ‘People I Very, VERY Much Wish Ill Will To’ list.

4 Likes

Tonty Blair

he’s going on about how he’s a “bus nut” and all I can think of is Bobson Dugnutt

3 Likes

You’re not a bus nut mate, you’re just a cock in the park.

1 Like

The extra S is for Smart Idea

5 Likes

There’s a bridge announcement coming isn’t there.

Today in Brussels we are tabling what I believe are constructive and reasonable proposals which provide a compromise for both sides

Oh good.

We will under no circumstances have checks at or near the border in Northern Ireland. We will respect the peace process and the Good Friday agreement.

:+1:

And by a process of renewable democratic consent by the executive and assembly of Northern Ireland we will go further and protect the existing regulatory arrangements for farmers and other businesses on both sides of the border.

This is really promising stuff

And at the same time we will allow the UK - whole and entire - to withdraw from the EU, with control of our own trade policy from the start.

Wait, what? This is the same unicorn nonsense of the last 4 years.

And yes this is a compromise by the UK

To misquote Mylene Klass, you can’t just point at things and declare them to be a compromise when they’re clearly not.

4 Likes

He’s such a bus nut that he scrapped a successful bus type, wasted millions on a one-off, failed version, and has been part of a government that has slashed funding so severely that regional bus services have been cut back hugely.

4 Likes

to which legal agreement/piece of legislation does this refer?

yeah, the stuff about Culham is a complete lie. at about 70% efficiency at best, and only at massive scales.

1 Like

Huzzah! A fusion powered border in Ireland! Nobody at the EU said that wasn’t allowed.

The red on this map is actually the only part of Ireland where there WON’T be customs checks

1 Like

I’m not listening to this speech and I’ve never heard of Culham (just did a quick google) but just want to say that “70% efficient at best” is fucking phenomenal for an energy generator.

you need to be contstantly on guard for typos

edit: lol

1 Like

but remember it was only a few years ago when people were saying that solar power would never work in cloudy old Britain and that wind turbines would not pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Wasn’t it mainly Tory Conference attendees saying these things?

1 Like