October politics thread - counting down to doom in weeks and days

Extra funding to Richmond and the Shetlands

2 Likes

I’m not sure there’s any group of people on the planet more self-congratulatory while simultaneously achieving nothing.

3 Likes

The Liberal Democrats

3 Likes

I’d imagine there’s significant overlap on the Venn diagram

1 Like

I’ve been out all day and all I’ve really seen so far is stuff saying that this new letter might represent a breakthrough. Is this:

• True
  • Bullshit

0 voters

he seems to have abandoned the ‘double border’ plan but it looks like we’ve just pivoted back to ‘electronic checks’ using non-existent technology. so…no.

1 Like

First announcement for end of the road festival?

5 Likes

Whoops, said the quiet part out loud.

8 Likes

1 Like

The presenter then asked: “Let me press you about it. If no one else does emerge and the choice that you face is between Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister or a no-deal Brexit, then your position is - you’re a pro-European party, you’re anti no-deal, where do you stand? Is it Jeremy Corbyn or is it no-deal?”

Mr Stone, who represents Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross, replied: “It is no-deal every time.”

Would love to know which bit of the quote there is out of context.

4 Likes

Yeah, apart from the fact that it fails to address one of the EU’s red lines, and the fact that it has zero chance of passing in the Commons it’s a blinder of epic proportions.

To be fair, before that, he was asked “Which is worse, Jeremy Corbyn as PM or no deal”. To which he gave the standard Lib Dem waffle of “How’s about a new unifying figure”

Given that context, I can sort of see how when pressed he might have thought he was still answering which of the two he thought was worse. I’m absolutely sure he’ll be out to clarify that he thinks no deal is worse than Corbyn as PM very shortly.

I like this new twist on “out of context”, where he took the question out of context.

1 Like

Classic JDT :smiley:

(Why did he put constituents in square brackets?!?)

5 Likes

:ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost:

1 Like

:') / :sob:

https://twitter.com/MissTaniaThomas/status/1179369100088397826

50 Likes

At least Chris Morris doesn’t appear to have become a total centrist melt like so many comedians

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1179419540939268097

20 Likes