October politics thread - counting down to doom in weeks and days

Idk why this is such a big deal when Jo Swinson has been saying the same thing but in a few more words since she got the leadership but ok, if everybody hates the LDs again now then I’m not questioning it.

3 Likes

Better get all our chat in now, there’s another proroguing on the horizon in a week!

2 Likes

God love that man

3 Likes

Something about how I wouldn’t get off his spike…

Kind of love how he’s managed to make a tie, shirt and jacket look incredibly scruffy. I also find it weird to see him just talking normally.

1 Like

So that’s how you defend yourself against false claims of antisemitism.

I wonder why Corbyn never thought of that…

Hi CG

5 Likes

At the risk of going out on a limb, I don’t think this is CG.

Great headline on the BBC’s main story today. Just what the government wanted…

Here’s the full Chris Morris interview

7 Likes

Might sue.

15 Likes
4 Likes

Re-establish the line of Owain Glyndŵr!

3 Likes

Adam’s got to tread a fine line there, because he’s going to run the very real risk of looking like he’s crowing over the heads of other nations who have very real, very serious histories of English oppression on a larger scale. It’s definitely the case that Wales has been long subjugated by the English throne, and that the main reason we get so much in subsidy from Westminster is because of a long tail of resource theft and general neglect from the UK Gov, so I think he’s right in that regard. But reparations is an emotive topic, and Wales is far from first in the queue there.

They could start by paying us for our fucking water and energy though, that would be good.

6 Likes

Just checked and there’s no Change UK conference.

Gutted.

4 Likes

just more entirely normal and acceptable behaviour!

“He has apologised and deleted the tweets and will not be so foolish again”

“He still thinks this way but has now had the requisite media training so will be keeping these views to himself until the blackshirts are literally on the street”

11 Likes

Can’t believe I’m shocked by that tweet but shocked I am.

Was going to say, we banter on here about purging Tories all the time, it can’t be that bad, then I saw the “Soros collaborators” bit and nope, this is pure fash.

2 Likes

I asked this yesterday but how was he allowed to skip pmqs and spend all day doing an uncriticised party political broadcast? Its ridiculous

The fringe right’s Soros obsession is such a dead giveaway, isn’t it. There’s scores of billionaires out there shovelling their money into politics in the filthiest of ways but this one, ooooh there’s just something about this one

3 Likes