October spooky Politics thread

lol?

7 Likes

Oh shit I didn’t even realise it was October

…Glad I didn’t open the monthly thread with truly black pill migration stuff tho

2 Likes

Yay the country is being taken to court. Genuinely happy I hope they take us to the cleaners. Fucking Tory bastards.

I hope Boris gets served a legal letter like they do in an American film thinks he’s getting something nice then gets served the letter.

7 Likes

As with the migration stuff, this will almost certainly shore up that 40% in the opinion polls.

Probably up the Governments support for a no deal Brexit as well.

4 Likes

Tabloid front pages are gonna be fun tomorrow

3 Likes

what happens if britain loses a court case, do we all go to prison?

We’re already there

23 Likes

Ursula von der Leyen sure knows how to start a DiS thread…

Just imagining the gammon reaction makes me want to crack into the whisky.

am I right to remember that 15th Oct was the expected deadline for a trade deal?

we’ve all been saying for fucking aaaaages that the intention was to blame the EU for the chaos of a hard brexit

this move (pushing them in to taking us to court before we actually fall of the cliff) could therefore be a fairly smart move is how it all ends up getting frame

B L E A K

Just realised we’re gonna get sued to front all the border check crosses and lost revenue since we’re the ones breaking the law, and we’ll end up sending them more than was written on the bus :joy:

they want this, obv. big anti europe energy to dead-cat the corona mishanding double checks when mrs xylo’s passport is coming through

This seems somewhat preemptive because unless I’ve read it wrongly surely the bill gives the UK the ability to break the terms of the withdrawal agreement but surely just signing it into law doesn’t break the terms themselves?

I think the argument is that even allowing for the possibility breaches the requirement to be negotiating in good faith - which seems fair enough to me, it’s hardly a good faith position to say “might sack this off tho tbh”. And then further breaches if it does become law.

1 Like

Can’t comment on this one too much but…hmmm interesting.

1 Like

The jobs and assets migrating to Europe from the UK remains a fraction of the overall UK financial sector.

99/100 is still a fraction :confused:

3 Likes

politics threads are always 2spooky4me

this is making me wish I could find the incredibly dumb work of “sound art”* I made entitled Ghost Trump

*i.e. posted it onto my old MA course’s WhatsApp group and made people actively dislike me

1 Like

I wonder if they’ve thought about refusing to pay the divorce bill plus the various ongoing payments towards the Union budget to offset this :thinking:

Nah, that would make us the bad guys…

1 Like

CAN THEY NOT JUST LEAVE THE BOY ALONE

1 Like