Odd design choices

Please list here some odd design choices you have come across.
Got this in the post

Makes no reference to why a bloke is dressed as a Roman Emperor (?).
Makes no reference to what his name is, or his name in the book of tradespeople or what trade a Roman emperor would be best suited to. Roof repair? Gas safety checks? Does he do his work dressed as a Roman? So many questions
Idgi

• Oh I think I know why! (Liar)
  • Wtf

0 voters

1 Like

Is this one of those things where it only makes sense if you’ve seen the TV ad?

2 Likes

just random meme shit so people will post about it on the internet probably

1 Like

Didn’t romans invent modern plumbing? (I still dont get the rest of it, but just from the youtube still).

2 Likes

That Apple mouse that you had to charge on the bottom

7 Likes

who watches fucking adverts on the TV in 2021!
Still no reason for them to be Romans really is there.

1 Like

Bit like the random shouty Henry VIII guy advertising double glazing

1 Like

oh yeah, not defending it, just providing the context.

1 Like

eurgh…why would you design it like that. Is bad enough apple made the charge and audio jack one thing on their phones last few years, this is just…trolling

1 Like

Seems like he was getting more than just one free

2 Likes

Seems a very unusual character

Quite odd that he was being paid mostly in cash. I mean even if he requested it most reputable companies wouldn’t agree. Maybe that’s the point…

1 Like

Yep, this has been irking me for ages. The Bluetooth keyboard you can charge while using it so why not the mouse?

8 Likes

Teslas

I recognise that Roman is the comedian Colin Hoult, good on him

Glanced at this years ago and it still plays on my mind

8 Likes

Reckon this is a good shout.

If anything else, it’s maybe playing on that thing where loads of trades companies choose to use knights in armour for no apparent reason other than the vague notions of nobility and honour and something to do with costs of arms, and people are suckers for all that.

2 Likes

There was a very straight forward explanation on an old TV ad but I have absolutely no memory of what that was now.

Oh, or a total bullshit one

“When you’re Julius Caesar, you don’t trust your friend’s tradesperson recommendations. You trust Checkatrade”

There definitely used to be an older version of this that was a different hisrorical figure and it was pun based content, like Euripedes Trousers sort of stuff, I’m sure.