Odd socks 🧦

Also the oddness will be between black, very dark grey or blue. Not like red and yellow. So even more of a who gives a shit.

Get annoyed at myself if I realise halfway through the day I’m wearing mismatching plain black/white socks. Would never do it intentionally

1 Like

Took this of my socks out to dry in January. I can’t even mix and match these, they must be paired. There are a couple of same pairs and it pains me to think they might not be matched properly and that I’m wearing them out unevenly. Not really it’s not that bad by they must match.

Girlfriend sometimes wears odd socks and doesn’t care. I care. When I’m doing laundry and try to match her socks sometimes there’s not a single match to be found.

1 Like

A good joke and a solid way to live. I wouldn’t like it if my socks felt different but different patterns? There are probably things lower down on my list of priorities but I’m struggling to name one.

1 Like

There is great pleasure in hanging a pair of socks on the washing line using a single peg, knowing that when you take them down they will be folded together and going to rest in the sock drawer as nature intended.

3 Likes

I only own black socks so there is no odd

The police are on their way.

3 Likes

Almost always matching. Occasionally go odd if I’ve somehow misplaced a couple of socks in the last wash and I’m down to dregs of clean socks. But try to either get as close a match as possible to make it less noticeable or make it look like a deliberate choice, like 2 colours of the same type of sock.

I do irrationally worry about people seeing it and thinking I’m too boring to pull off such outlandish choices

I’m not sure I could cope with the differing textures of two different socks on my feet all day. Maybe I’m the princess and the pea of the sock world

4 Likes

I don’t care but can’t remember last time I wore odd socks. For don’t reason I think it would wrong up the TV.

Which has given me a great idea for the annoying your partner thread. :grin:

I’ve read some stuff on this website over the past 16yrs or so, but sharing socks is the one

3 Likes

I’m just sorry I was the one who started the thread that this happened in.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put anything past you two depraved maniacs at this point.

3 Likes

Mate, if conforming is not sharing socks with my wife, I’m all for it.

4 Likes

Think one of my markers in the transition from being a young adult to a regular adult was my distaste for odd socks, used to love and deliberately wear odd and very bright socks but now i like everything neutral and matching

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind wearing the occasional odd pair but it’s a slippery slope isn’t it. Better to just always wear matching ones

2 Likes

To start the day with odd socks is to invite all manner of chaos into your life imo.

3 Likes

preach

1 Like

Has it been addressed ITT what rigid none mixers do when one of a pair gets a hole in it?

I don’t purposely mix em up but I’ve got to pair up survivors.

1 Like

It’s unpleasant but both have to go, that’s just how it is.

1 Like