Oddest things you've seen a band do on stage

I recently saw Brian Molko not sing a single note in tune

15 Likes

I’d love to have witnessed the My Sharona incident first-hand

3 Likes

They sound like a great bunch of lads.

The ex-guitarist from Future of the Left taped a pepperami to the end of his guitar and was offering audience members a bite.

6 Likes

A local band many many years ago: the singer snorted a condom, reached into his throat to grab the end and started “flossing” his nasal passage.

5 Likes

Thread closed.

7 Likes

Miss this band so hard!

4 Likes

so good. the only project from any of the members that i’m aware of still being active is JEFF the brotherhood, no idea where the singer ended up

had a solo career and then a family i think

1 Like

whats the incident?

I saw a band called The Go Nuts (I was in Rotterdam at the time, though the band were American).

All their songs were about food and eating. They threw pizzas, bread rolls and other foodstuff at the audience. Friends of the band dressed as gorillas came on stage and joined in.

This escalated to a cannon that shot out icing sugar and stuff. Until the entire venue and everyone in it was coated.

It was kind of fun though.

1 Like

Once saw the replacement drummer (usual drummer was on paternity leave) strap a can of Red Stripe to a woman’s head and got her to pour it into his mouth.

Copied from a post by LLB in an old thread (hope he doesn’t mind):

Worst gig I ever saw - I’m sure guntrip and I have regaled everyone with this one before

But Statistics at the Underworld.

It was my then girlfriend’s birthday and she loved them. So we got tickets to go and see them. There seemed to be a bit of hype because they were the band of Desparcidos. Thought it was close to selling out.

It was not. There was at most 20 people there. And what a spectacle.

First, the lead singer came out dressed in a track suit, running on the spot and doing press ups to the Team America theme tune.

He then proceeded to chat the most amount of shit ever. Including

Using his loop pedal to play Eye of the Tiger

Saying ‘Sorry everyone, we are in fact, THE KILLERS!’ then started playing Mr Brightside, but he faltered on one bit and he was like ‘Wait, wait, I can do this’ slowly picking through it

In the middle of one of their songs he screamed ‘9/11 REMIX!!!’ and started shredding

When someone shouted PLAY A FUCKING SONG he replied what’s that, you want to see me balance my guitar on the end of my chin. ok! Got on his knees and did so

OK! We’re gonna do a little call and respond. I see Panic at the Disco are doing it and they’re popular so maybe it’ll make us popular. right so I say something like shotgun, and you all say something like wedding back alright? ok here we go! WHEN I SAY HOLLER - YOU SAY CAUST! HOLLER! stunned silence

He finished with WOO LONDON! YEAH LONDON! I’M SUPPOSED TO CARE COS IT’S LONDON RIGHT? AND YOU’RE ALL A BIG DEAL YEAH? BUT I’M SORRY, I COULDN’T GIVE A FUCk. YOU’RE NOTHING TO ME. GOODNIGHT.

They were on stage for 50 minutes. They played 6 songs amounting to about 20 minutes of music.

23 Likes

Sounds like this guy

1 Like

sounds great that tbh

6 Likes

If I remember right, some drunk guy at a Deerhunter show (or Atlas Sound?) heckled a request for ‘My Sharona’, which led to the band performing a cover that lasted the entire gig. I think something else happened too

@TKC Watch: Bradford Cox Shocks Audience in Minneapolis, Covers "My Sharona" for an Hour | Pitchfork

4 Likes

Was gonna say!