12 Likes

Thread was inspired by Oneohtrix Point Never

11 Likes

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band

11 Likes

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizardoi

1 Like

Are KL&tWL any good in spite of their shite name? I’m imagining some prog rock monstrosity

Depends what you mean by wankiest. I listen to Half Man Half Biscuit a lot and when you think about it, that is a terrible name, but is it also wanky?

The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die

10 Likes

iLiKETRAiNS

5 Likes

It’s terrible but it’s more twee than wanky. Oneohtrix Point Never is a wanky name

I can understand why they changed their name to the far less wanky I Like Trains.

I’d forgotten all about them - turns out they have a new album in August which is hopefully good news.

1 Like

Is Car Seat Headrest a wanky name, or just a shit one?

1 Like

they’re good yeah. usually more psych than prog.

some of their albums are a bit shite when they lean too hard into a concept or go a bit ‘tongue in cheek prog’ but their best albums are a lot of fun

arguably not a wanky name as it’s deliberately silly, but it’s still shit

I’d say shit rather than wanky

2 Likes

Death Cab For Cutie. No one ever refers to them as anything other than ‘Death Cab’.

Not even sure the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band would.

4 Likes

loads of techno acts have ridiculously bad names

The combination of DJ Koze’s name and the album cover of him sitting in a tree like a twat has meant I have deeply, unfairly written him off.

3 Likes

Silver Jews
Better Oblivion Community Centre
Panda Bear

1 Like

Got one: Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark

This thread has made me realise that you get desensitised to band names if you hear/read them enough and it’s only when you stop and think about it you realise how shit/wanky they are.

4 Likes