Of the Big 7 of readily-available nice fruits, which is the best?

Blackberries are the best berry tbh

Only from the hedgerow though, Supermarket ones are always really bitter.

1 Like

ooo, got any good foraging chat?

I like limes.

then you’ll love the limey podcast

1 Like

Sort of, tonight is harvest night if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Hedgerow blackberries with back garden apples in a crumble is peak fruit experience

4 Likes

when will there be a harvest, for the wo-o-rld?

That has been sung a lot over the past week when dealing with my wife’s annoyance and anger.

At the house we lived in when I was growing up, we had an apple tree in the garden and the driveway round the back was full of brambles. Used to fill a draw in the freezer with boxes of apple and blackberries every year for doing crumbles with.

alright Seamus Heaney

Exactly the same situation at my last family house too. So many stained hands and clothes from bramble hunting but it was the best time of year frankly

1 Like

100%.

Oh dear.

We’re currently in a crunchy nut cornflake/missed train dispute (me and my wife that is, not your wife).

I think deep down she knows that it means I’m still the badboy from the wrong side of the tracks that she fell in love with all those years ago.

I’m sure it is the same with the crunchy nut cornflakes.

how does she feel about you getting your beemer’s windows tinted?

She’s cool with that and is even chipping in for a pager.

1 Like

I was gonna go with alright, brexity remix of the intro to

1 Like

I think mangoes are the one thing where you’re better off just buying the pre-packed stuff.

Two mangoes cost about the same as a box of prepared stuff and after a lot of faffing gets you about the same amount of fruit.

Most adults know how to cut up a mango, it’s not that difficult.