Oh take me down to Blackgang Chine where the grass is green and the girls are fine

Oh won’t you please take me theeeeere.

The Needles And The Damage Done

Wight Lines

I found school project diary about a trip to the isle of white in 1991 aged 10, it reads like a Tao Lin novel, might post it

Cowes oon Is Now?

If you want to take a trip to Ryde with me
We 3-wheeling in the fo’ with the gold D’s
Oh why do I live this way? (Hey, must be the money!)

ahahaha oh god

even reading the words Blackgang Chine made me fall down a well of nostalgia and drown in fibreglass dinosaur loveliness

Remember the big slide you go down in those sand bags?

continues to mellow

and the game where you shoot water cannons to fill up/knock down shit

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/531f39bbe4b0c65832253b0e/t/539747b1e4b03a20a0d615e6/1458303565338/blackgang+chine+crooked+house+|+Isle+of+Wight+Milky+Way+and+Landscape+Photography

i completely forgot about this. i think i nearly teared up there. basically all holidays between 4 and 10 years old featured this place (my dad’s boss let us use his holiday house there)

Carisbrooke Castle in the clouds
I like to go there in my sleep

Got some multicoloured sand in a vial from the needles as well

Alum Chine!

and make a butterfly from paint by putting it all one side of a piece of card, folding the card then opening it back out.

i’ve nearly gone fully foetal at this point

Another iow anecdote, because my grandparents lived there (and the other set in India), as a kid I used to think grandparents were sent overseas for some reason

the holiday house was on Totland Cliffs. Which many years later got in the news a lot because it was falling into the sea at rapid pace

I think I remember @meths saying that Ticket To Ride is about a trip to Ryde