"Oh wicked! This crisp packet is foil lined, these crisps will retain their freshness for much longer now!"

A thread for thoughts you may have had in and around the mid-90s

2 Likes

“Wonder if dad’s ever going to come home”

7 Likes

what were pre-foil lined crisp packets like, uncle tone?

“I think I’ve just invented jorts!”

3 Likes

While you’re here, can you look into whether or not Walkers were the first holders of the patent for “foil lined for extra freshness” packaging please?

They were mainly plastic and many of them had a see -through window as well, we lost the window with the arrival of the foil unfortunately.

4 Likes

I am going to run behind the sofa as the video for Firestarter is so terrifying

like an envelope?

wow

I don’t collect pogs any more, I’m all about Tazos now.

6 Likes

"if I put them in the fridge, the alien egg things will have babies."

3 Likes

I’d forgotten the window… wonderful times.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like it, there are only 4 patents in the name of Walkers Crisps Ltd. One is called ARTICLE GRADING APPARATUS, the second is called POTATO PROCESSING APPARATUS, the third is called FRIED FOODSTUFFS AND PROCESS FOR PREPARING SAME, and the fourth one is called WERKWIJE TER BEREIDING VAN EEN GEBAAKEN VOEDINGS-MIDDEL, ALSMEDE VOEDINGSMIDDELEN VERKREGEN MET DEZE WERKWIJZE.

Thank you for your assistance, I suspected as much…

Know who popped into my head yesterday? Lisa I’Anson. Did she make it out of the 90s?

I once used a packet of their crisps as a condom.

Johnny Walker.

1 Like

‘Neil Warnock is the greatest football manager there ever has been, is, or will be’

Nicolas Cage is my favourite actor and Face Off is my favourite movie of all time

3 Likes

this neoliberalism’s the absolute business!

3 Likes

wow, the matrix was so good. they should make another one.

HAHAHAHA! JAPES THINKS 1999 COUNTS AS THE “MID-90S”! HAHAHA!

3 Likes