Oh you think you're so smart just because you got a B in GCSE Media Studies

:heart: :heart: :heart:

God, you are the absolute best. What a terrific piece of community content

2 Likes

For our first assignment to learn how to use cameras and the editing software (our school burned down btw, and the insurance paid for flashy media equipment just fyi) we had to film and edit a police drama-style interrogation. “The point is just to shoot and edit in that style,” they said, “You can make it about whatever you want.”

In our interview, I was playing a criminal who had been arrested for being caught wanking in the woods and my defence was that I couldn’t have been wanking in the woods because I had an alibi and the alibi was that I’d been wanking at home. Thing is: the content was wildly inappropriate and we didn’t even nail down the technical side of it because our mate Andy just showed up (don’t know why he wasn’t in any class, I’d say it was a free period for him but why wasn’t it a free period for literally anyone else in the school?) and hung out for the duration of the filming. I think he was in the background of pretty much every single shot, just cracking up laughing

10 Likes

Media Studies didn’t exist in my day. Feel confident I would have got a C though.

my job is within the field of media / video production and it is deeply funny that it was by far the subject that I fucked around the most in

except for GCSE design and technology where I had an in-joke with the teacher that I wasn’t doing anything for my coursework project and I handed in four pieces of wood glued together and got a U

Fucking incredible

10 Likes

OMG - Exactly the same for me. I literally told my teacher that I would be doing Media Studies work instead of DT and then glued four pieces of wood together with an a3 sheet saying “I am going to make a box” and got a U

4 Likes

I only did AS Level and think it was Film Studies rather than Media.

This is my absolute legend of a Media Studies teacher in one of his starring roles as “teacher who gets hit with football” in one of my extra-curricular projects from my sixth form days

12 Likes

11 Likes

Screw you all, I got a 2:2 in Media Systems and am a BSc.
So :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And here is Skillo as “Public Phone” for another, different film

10 Likes

I literally wrote about 50 Cent’s line of sex toys and vibrators in my Media Studies coursework and got an A*

4 Likes

Thats such a funny thing to make a bunch of teens do. I swear that 90% of tasking for these sorts of subjects were just so teachers could enjoy the embarrassing output

1 Like

Big time. I made and loved making a whole lot of “pissing about with mates” content which still makes me smile today. The idea of ever sitting and watching any of the “proper” projects I did is truly abhorrent though. Excruciating stuff.

2 Likes

Do they play In The Club when they ent

Absolutely classic Skillo role, that

3 Likes

Argh… mate! Get that shit repressed again, nothing good can come of dredging up memories like that!

2 Likes

Only on your birthday

His other roles in this piece (A Matrix parody) were Anonymous Agent 2, Floppy Disk Junkie and Deja Vu Cat. He knocked them all out of the park

1 Like

I also did this combination of subjects and nobody on the teaching staff could understand why.

I just liked science and films.

1 Like