OK. Maybe strange, boring electric plug question.

Don’t say you weren’t warned…

In my storage locker I have an old tape deck. At the time I used it, I also used decks/mixer/amp all set up. So I bought a very useful 4 way adaptor/extension. You plugged one end into the wall and it gave you a lead and 4 very small sockets. You replaced the normal plug on your electrical items, then put them in this thing. A slight faff, but it saved a fair bit of room to be honest.

Now, someone wants to borrow the tape deck. I know where it is. However, I have no idea where the socket thing is. So I was hoping to buy another from somewhere.

Problem is, I can’t remember the name, where I got it and searching for mini-plug and variations draws a blank. So, I have drawn a picture to try and see if anyone had one and can help? I just need to know what it might be called to see if they are still sold.

I’m about to go out for a long walk, so if I don’t respond I’m not being rude. I supposed I could put a normal plug back on the tape deck, but I can’t be bothered. :slight_smile:

Where is the picture?

2 Likes

Have texted my dad, he has one of those

1 Like

Thanks!

Strong dad area of expertise, this

He’s had it since 1978

?

?

1 Like

Looks like an Italian type L socket

Oooh. That is very close but the holes are horizontal and all circular. Thanks.

So close yet so far

I found mention of those in Google searches but couldn’t find examples of real ones.

If all else fails I will try that.

1 Like

Ooooh. Now this is the closest so far…

if you can’t find it, then it might be in here…

https://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/SiteMap.html

Couldn’t find anything in there, but found it strangely interesting. Got to the locker and thankfully the plug has Conblock written on it. So I can find pictures of them. But just need to find one being sold now.