Okay seriously how do I find a nice flat in London

Studios and 1-beds and that. Did you just look on spareroom and find something? Or is there another place that’s better. Did you use an agency? Is that the only way to get a nice place these days in London?

Massively fucking cba, literally not found a single place where I’m like 'yeah there is nothing wrong with this place and it is priced reasonably I would like to live here".

I need somewhere to live

1-bed flats charging £1,300 per month, a six-week deposit and £200 + £65 pp agency fees fuck offfffffffffffff.

Quite easily but finding one where youre not being absolutely fleeced is the question

this is compounded by the fact that I might significantly increase my salary within a month and a half but I’m moving at the start of February and won’t know for sure by that time. Eurgh.

Yeesh

basically check all the ones like spareroom where you might be lucky and find something good, go to a lettings agent as a last resort and get fleeced

that’s it

Open Rent don’t charge fees, saw some nice ones when we were looking but they all went super quickly.

people keep telling me this site is good but it seemed kinda sketchy when i briefly looked into it. everything seemed to be done by automated phone calls :confused:

never tried london. but have you tried www.openrent.co.uk they are good because their one off fee is only £50

It was fine from our v limited experience, it’s just a market place type thing a bit like spareroom. We emailed everyone and they called back or texted to arrange viewings, then all money things would’ve been dealt with direct with landlord (we went through letting agent in the end though).

Think the automated phone call thing is just like how if you call the numbers on Zoopla or Right Move it goes through their website first, but I could have got that wrong?

Hey sh, it might do to try areas just outside London or London boroughs with Surrey or Middlesex postcodes etc as they ate slightly cheaper but well connected!

Where abouts you looking pal?

South/south east but not too far out (like, preferably not Crystal Palace sort of way).

Where dyou live jb

From nw, it’s ok in the sense that the fast train takes like 15 minutes to Euston but it’s still relatively cheap around here and has loads of green space. I grew up here and still live at home but rental prices are often a lot cheaper around here

Any commuting requirements or owt?

one of us goes to catford, the other the centre (will probably move jobs soon so who knows really, but access to victoria is reasonably important. Like <45 minute commute I guess).

Victoria is a bit of a pain from SE, think there are trains there from New Cross Gate/Peckham/Dulwich areas though. The flat we moved out of in New Cross was just under a grand a month rent when we first looked at it and was up to 1150 by the time we moved out but there will be (relatively) affordable options there which should suit both of you.

Ive used Open Rent before, found it really good

tbf I’m looking on it now and the properties are massively better than the ones on spareroom