okay so this is a specific thread for recommending or talking about curtains

oh this is relatable

my window faces out onto the houses and estate because the back garden is open to all of it (fenced, but not backing directly onto other houses)

and my curtains barely block out light or sound

1 Like

hmm!

I’m finding it hard to visualise, but that sounds like quite the conundrum

fuuuuuuuuuuu we had some huge ones at our last place which we have no use for anymore, think we might have left them there, let me check

Curtain pole recommendations please. Bought some cheap ones from Argos and they were TOTAL SHIT

It certainly is. I’ve a feeling I got stumped thinking about it a few years ago when I put blinds up upstairs. might have to measure it and just run with it and hope for the best, imo.

yep, left them there

lolz

1 Like

:scream_cat:

I am also in the market for some curtains. We had blinds for years which were awful and I only just removed them recently! Not that I have anything against blinds, it’s just the person who owned the flat before us put them up on windows that should be able to open fully inwards and the blinds prevented that!?!?! Gaah.

Oh god, we’ve just got to the resolution of a lengthy saga of curtain purchasing (haven’t had to buy curtains for ages, moved house, all the windows required curtains, fucking hell). The internet, I now know, is full of curtains. Also, I hate bay window curtain runners with my life.

Found the ones I saw in @epimer’s house

Owls aside, I’m not spending two hundred and eighty squidilidoos on curtains ffs