OKNOTOK OK Computer 20th Anniversary mega-thread

Fair enough if so - obviously despite my undying love for everything other than Pablo Honey and TKOL I still don’t give Thommy Yorke and the Radioheads enough credit! :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure anything you said is wrong. Even the politics of Electioneering are vague and just about politics in general at all kinds of levels.

Fitter Happier is definitely self-knowing but that’s RH: people always labelled them as over serious but any live recordings show how often they’re having a great time.

what’s really going on in this thread?

6 Likes

Airbag is great but I still occasionally have to look at the lyrics to know wtf he’s singing

Album is great. Electioneering is garbage. OKC is their best album. The Tourist is fucking magical and the idea that its bside worthy is braindead

mate my influences are many and varied.

Could some of you please fuck off to /mu/ or reddit or whereeverelse will lap up your shitposting.
Thanks.

x

2 Likes

Nah.

Yeah not at all, was just chiming re. them supposedly hating it. I think it’s great.

i’ve tried listening to this over the past couple of days but OKC is just worn out for me, just gotten too overplayed over the years. the b-sides i’d heard i was never particularly keen on to begin with and doesn’t seem much special in the rest tbh. i love radiohead and i got into them with OKC’s release in '97 but this album isn’t the be all and end all for me, and i think things get much more interesting after this record.

2 Likes

To join the in the electioneering debate, if I was going to re track it, maybe swap it it for Palo Alto. Keep it in tbst same place as it had the same effect of a rockier track after FH and KP and the lyrics fit in with the themes of technology and alienation even better then electioneering.

Embarrassed but not surprised at this thread. You wouldn’t see this kind of behaviour in the ‘Purple Rain’ reissue thread.

10 Likes

He posted it but it was about reducing the number of tracks.

Hail to the Thief is generally held as the worst album after Pablo Honey and maybe TKOL depending on your views but its length is the main reason.

No comparison really.

Kid A > TKoL > IR > HTTT > AMSP > Amnesiac > OKC > The Bends > Pablo Honey

tbqh

so, in conclusion, some people like this album, some people don’t, some might if the songs were in a different order, some people might if there were different songs, and some people might if there were different songs in a different order.

fascinating.

7 Likes

When was the last time you listened to HTTT all the way through, though?

Can’t even deal with this tbh.

1 Like

you’re new to forums aren’t you?

1 Like

probably this year, and i’m 100% more likely to do that than with any of the first three albums. i quite like HTTT’s dirginess, and wolf at the door is one of my favourite songs of theirs.

6 Likes

Just realised I don’t think I’ve ever listened to it the whole way through. Might do that this week and live Tweet it.