OKNOTOK OK Computer 20th Anniversary mega-thread

There’s some really good stuff on it :+1:

3 Likes

I remember when it came out and I know loads of tracks because an ex-GF of mine loved it but I’ve never listened to all of it. Looking forward to it now!

Some really amazing tracks on there but so hard to make my way through the whole thing.

Ikr I couldn’t believe they wanted to get rid of Electioneering either!

1 Like

Shit thread

5 Likes

Oh I hadn’t noticed OBT was OBTing all over the thread

Friday I think. Love it.

(Understand why people find it weak an overlong but I like it a lot and got into them just after the release)

1 Like

(also tbf both AMSP and OK Computer are only a few minutes shorter than HTTT, and it’s better than one of them)

It’s more about tracks, though. 14 very different tracks that makes it hard to hold your interest.

yeah, ordinarily i’d feel that way but an overlong album, for the same reason it’s the RH album i return to the most - less mood-specific and hard to get sick of, for me.

1 Like

Airbag
Paranoid Android
Meeting In The Aisle
Exit Music
Let Down
Karma Police
Fitter Happier
Electioneering
Climbing Up The Walls
No Surprises
Lucky
The Tourist

Jk. I don’t want the numb adult me to meddle with a tracklisting the 16 year old me absolutely fucking adored.

the only classic album where i’d fuck with the tracklisting is the white album, purely because they admitted a lot of the goofier stuff on there was produced just to fulfil a contract faster. so there’s a good argument to be made that you could probably get the best beatles LP of them all out of the white album if you remove the stupid shit.

For all their achievements this band don’t half encourage the shitest chat about them than anyone else. if I mat dust off an old chestnut:

Nice work, virgins

6 Likes

The Best of the Radioheads?

Feel free to create a new thread…

Take it to a Beatles thread?

(Where I’ll fight you…)

This thread really escalated quickly

1 Like

I think we all need to take a minute to imagine how different the world would be if they’d kept Palo Alto with it’s original name AND had it on the album perhaps as the last song or instead of Electioneering or as a segue into Kevin Is In Jail somewhere near the front or end or front end of the album. The implications for the entire musical landscape for the five, nay, 10 years that followed and in fact right through to today, this thread and our entire future are unimaginable, although you should try.

4 Likes

ffs, fixed.

lol @ cope

fwiw the best OKC tracklist would be:

1. The Trickster
  2. Maquliadora (still the best thing they’ve ever done)
  3. Banana Co.
  4. Killer Cars
  5. Talk Show Host
  6. Permanent Daylight

PERF

5 Likes

BUT WHY DIDNT THESE STRANGERS CATER FOR ME? :cry: