OKNOTOK OK Computer 20th Anniversary mega-thread

yes please

get that instaā€™d, mate. mad likes!

2 Likes

Details now available:

ā€œMan of Warā€ and ā€œLiftā€ - I seriously canā€™t wait for this now!

1 Like

Not got the original LP on vinyl so might buy that.

As for the big expensive box, not for me. With the odd exception, I generally think theyā€™re a waste of money (though with Radiohead if you ever wanted to sell it Iā€™m sure youā€™d make that back easily).

That box would be really tempting at Ā£60/Ā£70. But Ā£100 is a bit daft.

Excited to hear what will hopefully be a decent version of Lift. Wonder why they havenā€™t released it till now? Maybe they did try and re-record them but it never worked out and theyā€™ve given up.

Normally I wouldnā€™t bother with the box version but this is my all time favourite album and I have all the other stupid boxset version of their other albums they have released so I canā€™t not get this one.

2 Likes

Fucking hell.

I mean really? I am not exactly sure Iā€™m happy about this one.

Ā£100 for an album I totally bought into 20 years ago. You fucks are where you are now because of people like me, quite literally.

Can you not just give us the three unreleased tracks and a download of this casette?

2 Likes

Aye, not a dig on anyone who does buy it. Looks very nice for a one off purchase

Iā€™d been toying with the idea of getting this on vinyl, as my CD has a crack on it. I spent Ā£82 in total getting the box set and limited edition vinyl of AMSP, so this is only Ā£17 more than thatā€¦

I paid some ridiculous amount for the MCatIS super duper box set thing when that came out. I am a mug. but I do enjoy these things.

OK Computer is my favourite album, so Iā€™ll probably attempt to get this somehow.

OOOOFT, Ā£10 postage!!

The standard vinyl version is actually very reasonably priced.
Triple vinyl, gatefold sleeve, plus high quality downloads for Ā£23 is very good (imo). Think how much it would be if it was an RSD release :joy:

4 Likes

There isnā€™t a price for the digital download at the bottom. Anyone know if it will be an ā€˜honour paymentā€™ system or at least cheaper than anything else?

I think Iā€™d just like those three tracks, tbh.

The CD version is only Ā£10 so it canā€™t be dearer than that but no idea what it will actually be for the download only version.

Yeah, I guess so. Donā€™t really want the CDs at all.

Tenth anniversary re-release including 3 previously unreleased tracks:

*20th

ah fuck, I could do with not spending Ā£100 on thisā€¦

Hang on, are the three unreleased tracks (I Promise, Man of War (Big Boots?), Lift) studio versions?

hmmā€¦

2 Likes