OKNOTOK OK Computer 20th Anniversary mega-thread

I think if you do it, you do them all. And I guess maybe they will but on the other hand, £100 is just too much for a special version of an album you already own, given it’s the only version to offer significant extra content.

Kind of feel that way too. Said in another thread I couldn’t see them fully embracing the role of heritage band, at least not yet. This seems a step towards that.

An EP of new studio recordings of the three unreleased tracks would have been a better way of acknowledging it.

Also, OKNOTOK would have been a decent name for that EP

seems to be heading that way tbh, get the impression it’s quite difficult for them to get together and make new records nowadays.

Oh yeah. Was that the one with the extra disc of essentially a whole other album?

In Rainbows has the second disc with I think 5 songs on (and two random bits of noise) but the package was more like the recent Moon Shaped Pool release.

Happens with every band, I guess, though Radiohead were less prone to the ageing process.

The chamber pop of AMSP felt a bit like them slipping into their pipe and slippers. Doubt it will be the last, last Radiohead album but I don’t think we’ll hear anything for years and it’s hard to imagine them making anything groundbreaking.

3 Likes

That’s OK though - there’s only so many times you can break new ground. I’m quite happy for them to simply be very, very good now.

6 Likes

If anyone’s still looking for the 3LP on blue vinyl Norman seem to have put more back online:

1 Like

yeah, only 5 real songs but absolute belters. Most could easily have been the record but it’s hard to imagine the tracklisting of In Rainbows being improved. Best option was to have a disc 2, albeit a very strong one.

2 Likes

@1101010

There were 6 songs. Stop getting Radiohead wrong!

1 Like

I only care about Down is the New Up and Bangers + Mash.

didn’t I just tell you to stop getting Radiohead wrong?!?

Yeah, and I listened.

I hope ‘Lift’ is just a standard arrangement from the 90’s and that they haven’t completely reworked it.

Yeah I hope it will be or will be close. I was presumed these are either from the actual sessions or around the same period before they gave up trying to get them ‘right’?

If they did a Bends one I wonder if they’d have an early version of Motion Picture Soundtrack on there like the live acoustic bootleg.

I really, really like the Kid A version of MPS, but with stuff like ‘Lift’ I just want to hear a good old fashioned Radiohead banger.

I can’t get away with the AMSP version of ‘True Love Waits’ at all.

And yeah I think it’s from recording sessions in the 90’s so should be ok.

2 Likes

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/exclusive-thom-yorke-and-radiohead-on-ok-computer-w484570

1 Like