• Cheese
  • Mushroom
  • Onion
  • Bacon
  • Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Other

0 voters

Milk in scrambled or omlette is just to make the mixture go further apparently so anyone adding it, unless you only have 1 or 2 eggs left, is for sure an idiot

1 Like

Knew you wouldn’t let me down

Omelette you finish

1 Like

3 egger serves 2.

2 egger if just for me.

My mother in law used to make them in the microwave, and they were surprisingly OK.

2 Likes

Just got back from the gym and made an omelette and thought “I’ll eat that in while I browse the internet”. And lo and behold. A thread about them.

3 eggs, dash of milk just 'cos there was a tiny bit leftover from my coffee, spinach, red onion, Tabasco. It’s alright.

8 Likes

Never made one but as a food network addict can confirm Gordo Rammer uses creme fraiche & chives, sounds boke, while Big Jim Oliver just sprinkles cheese when it’s half done on each side.

3 Likes

I once had a six egg omelette. It was way too many eggs.

2 Likes

2 borrowers

5 Likes

Hi Tone, do you think 4 or 5 eggs would also be too many?

Nah. I’m still hungry after that 3 egger. Maybe if you had it with a side side. Couple of potato waffles or something.

I know you’re not asking me, but I think 4 would be spot on. Not sure about healthiness though. Isn’t three meant to be the limit what with cholesterol and that?

4 is probably just about acceptable. 5 is too many.

But in that case it means you can make your omelette to your appetite if X eggs is not enough, but Y eggs is too many.

2 Likes

Oooh waffles yes. I have toast on the side, 2 slices with marmite.

When does it stop being an omlette and start being a frittata? My colleague says you have to grill it off at the end for it to be a frittata, but they’re an idiot, it’s depth-dependent. Don’t @ me.

I’m so hyped up about omelette rn

I went through a little spell of having mackerel omelettes, you know from those tins of mackerel you can get that are in tomato sauce? I’d bosh a tin of that into an omelette.

2 Likes