Omelette Chat

I went through a little spell of having mackerel omelettes, you know from those tins of mackerel you can get that are in tomato sauce? I’d bosh a tin of that into an omelette.

2 Likes

don’t think I’ve ever made an omlette, just ends up being scrambled eggs

in recent days I’ve fried onions with curry powder then cracked in eggs (2 the first time, 3 the next time) and scrambled and served on a couple of pieces of toast

has been good

3 Likes

I thought I frittata had to involve potato? I may be very incorrect here.

can’t stand them now because when my mum was in the worst part of her breakdown I basically lived off just a plain omelette every day. Very depressing food

1 Like

Ooof this sounds great, that’s my next omelette adventure

1 Like

Had omelettes and rice this morning with some spring onions, sesame oil and soy sauce. Top breakfast. Personal favourite omelette of all time is cheese, mushroom and tarragon (mmmmm tarragon), so delicious.

2 Likes

Think I’m going off* eggs, you know. Too eggy.

*ouef

1 Like

Actually quite like it when it goes wrong and it ends up being an eggy cheesy mess.

Make omelettes the same way I do scrambled egg. 3 eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, cooked in garlic butter. Maybe chuck some ham and mushrooms in there. Reminds me of when my mum would make me a quick dinner in between getting in from school and going to work cause I was too early to eat with everyone else.

1 Like

Never thought to add spring onions. Exotic. Gonna try this next time.

5 Likes

Spring onions + cheese + Chinese five spice is my favourite basic omelette :yum:

2 Likes

Tamogoyaki/Japanese omelette is the best kind of omelette. Wish I could be bothered to make it more often.

Just had a look at these and now I want to make them, might treat myself tomorrow night!

1 Like

Had one for lunch. Three eggs, cheese, ham, tomato, salt, pepper. Nothing fancy, straight down the line, proper omelettes with proper haircuts.

1 Like

It is wonderful, definitely try it!

There’s also a sort of cheat version which is a bit less faff (less layers, no rolling), but still really good:

1 Like

usually six eggs. had one with eight yesterday though.

people having two egg omelettes… what the hell

An eight-egg omelette? What are you cooking that in, a tin bath?

2 Likes

frying pan

they were “medium” eggs though, aka fairly small. still… no idea how anyone can be satisfied with two eggs.

These sound excellent and I wish I wasn’t so grossed out by eggs these days to try it.

1 Like

To be fair, it’s also a kickass topping for potatoes or a toastie!

In fact, thinking about it as a toastie has made me hungry and I’ve just eaten a toastie about an hour ago

1 Like