On a scale of 1-10, right at this precise moment in time...

I’m fine. Got the Friday blues a bit but I’ve been doing two people’s jobs for five weeks as a result of some paternity leave and the other one of me is back on Monday so excited about that.

That’s extra hard, particularly where you’ve all been working on stuff together. What I’ve heard from what you’ve shared is awesome, and you’ll come back up with your personal side of the creative things - it’s shit when your own endeavours feel like they’re not up to snuff but you’ll hit a new stride at some point.

1 Like

Denying that work is a thing - my happiness levels are generally pretty high these days and anticipate them getting disgustingly high soon :relaxed:

5 Likes

4 - got some virus thing (not covid) which is ruining me. Most unwell I’ve felt in years. Apart from that, Not bad really.

4 for me. On my way to an expensive wedding I can’t afford and don’t want to be at. Got all manner of random pains going on. Tired.

Got a few positives holding things up from dropping lower (new music coming along nicely, seeing my folks for the first time in a while next week, work is going ok, my oldest group of friends have all found an online game we enjoy and are consequently talking a lot more) and I’ll be back up over 5 once this weekend is over.

I reckon that if not actually getting a prostate exam counts as one of your weekly highlights then 2 is as high as it can get.

1 Like

7 - It’s friday, I’m going on holiday for two weeks from the end of the day, it’s sunny.

Points docked for the fact that I have to clear a lot of work before then and some very boring meetings…

1. Recently started a job I hate, working closely with someone who makes no effort whatsoever. I got covid for the first time, wiping out my attendance at a close friend’s wedding and the holiday we were going to take immediately afterwards (and my first time off in 2022, following a busy period of work/study). I’ve not seen friends for months, or family, and my partner is finishing a dissertation so my home life is pretty much housework only. I’m utterly fucking miserable tbh, but I’m well aware it could be worse too. A chink of light somewhere - something to look forward to - would massively improve things.

7 - absolutely no short term daily complaints, just had nice food, a few good plans coming up for the weekend

some big LIFE stuff im not happy about but that may as well be a standing agenda item by now, so pretty adept at ignoring them

when i grow up i want to be Squandered

3 Likes

don’t even remember the last time I was happy tbh lol.

You deserve so much happiness and everything good in life :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’m about a 5 or 6 right now, probably up to a 6 or 7 when I’ve had a coffee, then up to a 7 or 8 once I’m out of work mode and thinking more about going to the pub later

I feel bad for saying it, but you can probably add one to the score when I’ve got a child free day tomorrow too

1 Like

Liked for the 10, not for the covid

1 Like

went for a 3

woke up feeling a bit grotty and had a bit of the shits then went to dentist and now just tired and its pouring down

BUT

its friday and ill have a few beers later and some junk food

so 3

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: as do you, my lovely friend xx

1 Like

7 because I’m on holiday. I expect it will rise for the next 3 weeks then crash when I get back to work.

Upgraded to an eight because I just took a bite of this pastel de nata. Oof.

1 Like

9 - home and work life both happy and balanced, have “made it” as far as career goes, house is finally nice after 6 months of building work (and 5 years before that of itbeing "barely satisfactory) and after a very (very) long time my partner’s health is in a good place. Much to be thankful for and disgustingly content with my lot.

If I was less completely shattered literally all the time then it might even hit a ten, but three kids, and a full time job will do that as you push towards the big 40.

As long as I don’t look outside of the window at the burning clusterfuck of a world, things are pretty much A+. The aforementioned bin-fire does lead me to think that this happiness might all be quite temporary, but am determined to enjoy it while it lasts.