On-set accident with Alec Baldwin (CW accidental death)

Just been reading this. Absolutely awful.

Obviously not sure of details but how does stuff like this happen after Brandon Lee.

11 Likes

Just terrible news. The thought of killing someone in a complete accident is just so sad. Really feel for him, along with the family and friends of the victim

8 Likes

Yeah, you don’t for one second think that this is an appropriate thread title for a tragic incident.

14 Likes

Mr Baldwin is a co-producer of the film and plays its namesake, an outlaw whose 13-year-old grandson is convicted of an accidental murder.

Jeez, the universe loves itself some grim irony

1 Like

I can’t remember the film now but there was another time this nearly happened, but someone luckily discovered the gun had been loaded with live rounds. Imagine if they hadn’t?? How does that happen??

This is horrible. Are you able to put some sort of warning on the thread title? Or can the @moderators do it?

I’ll let the moderator of your choosing choose an appropriate title

The Crow was the film and the actor did die.

Well done the gutter press for publishing images of Baldwin.

Have seen a Partridge joke and guiltily laughed.

1 Like

Do you mean some grim moment of the accident pics?

It is absolutely wild that film sets still use blanks with all the post-productipn technology there is these days to mean they don’t have to.

6 Likes

Yeah it seems utterly ludicrous

Also what is the point of blanks if they can still kill people?

1 Like

No aftermath pictures of him which somehow is worse.

Some of the headlines read like he’s gone on a rampage when he hasn’t

7 Likes

Hard to argue with this really.

Responding to Thursday’s news, Brandon Lee’s sister Shannon tweeted: “Our hearts go out to the family of Halyna Hutchins and to Joel Souza and all involved in the incident on ‘Rust’. No-one should ever be killed by a gun on a film set. Period.”

2 Likes

Jeez. Baldwin’s a big anti-NRA and gun reduction campaigner too.

3 Likes

awful. just can’t get my head round how this could happen on a film set

1 Like

No, it was something far more recent.

(I did try to Google but without remembering either the film or anyone in it, obviously all the top results right now are about this.)

3 Likes

I definitely remember the same incident but can’t remember what film it was on

Oh right that was the one that leapt to mind when I 1st saw it. Having had a quick google there is actually a wikipedia entry for “list of film and television accidents”.