One and Done albums

I recently discovered Roland Haynes- 2nd Wave and was really into it. Upon researching the guy I found that not only was this his only album, but it was the only thing he ever worked on. This really intrigued me so I tried to dig deeper, but couldn’t find anything about this dude at all. I honestly wonder if “Roland Haynes” is an alias, because as good as this album is its hard for me to believe that he hasn’t worked on anything else.

Anyway, Im just interested in other examples of people that dropped a bomb and disappeared. What have you got?

3 Likes

The Organ - Grab that gun

Absolute cracker

2 Likes

Texas Is The Reason

10 Likes

Texas is the Reason - Do you know who you are? - perfect Mid-westmo (though there is also an EP)

1 Like

Le back and to the leftoi

8 Likes

One of my all-time favourites. Country, French and Brazilian pop, all sorts.

Well you’ve got to laugh at that edit (NSFW or life if you’re intrigued)

1 Like

Good edit :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Almost posted it in the Great Things thread earlier and thought against it :smile:

1 Like

Late of the pier - Fantasy Black Channel.

Great album

19 Likes

Brilliant 5-track EP I listened to a ton when I was into all the HydraHead stuff – only thing they ever did.

4 Likes

Also wish there’d been more from Murder of Rosa Luxeumburg – though they did a couple of EPs/Singles before the one amazing album.

9 Likes

I guess the obvious answer is Life Without Buildings.

How do you top perfection?

14 Likes

24 Likes

If it counts, Zwan’s Mary Star of the Sea. Should have gone on to be the second greatest band there ever was but we only got one proper album.

7 Likes

Lift To Experience

3 Likes

11 Likes

Pulkas. Excellent debut, got too big for their boots, tried to move to a major and split up whilst the legal fight over the contract went on…

1 Like
2 Likes

That young marble giants album is ace

6 Likes

1 Like