One decades worth of music has to go... which is it?

Got the idea when posting in the Depeche Mode thread. If one decades worth of music had to be lost to the annals of time, which would you choose…

• 60’s
  • 70’s
  • 80’s
  • 90’s
  • 00’s
  • 10’s

0 voters

And why!

The 60s was half a dozen good albums and a bunch of Frankie and Benny’s music. Can happily do away with it.

1 Like

Always 70s. Books or music or films or history or culture - bye bye garbage decade

2 Likes

60s

beatles never existed anyway

The 1930s. No proper tunes then

4 Likes

No 70s no Queen

Live that dream

5 Likes

00s can go, pretty sure I exhausted it at the time.

3 Likes

Man, wasn’t expecting to see the 70’s ahead. It’s probably the best for me. So much good funk, soul and jazz. The last decade where music sounded warm, before production got overly digital and that awful fake plastic sound that really came to the fore in the 80’s

7 Likes

You’re going to regret starting this thread when the 70s gets obliterated then

2 Likes

I would have previously been smashing the 80s button but I think they’re growing on me.

70s it is.

1 Like

Could live without that last decade tbh

4 Likes

Clearly the 10’s, sorry.

6 Likes

I’d gladly get rid of anything before the late 80s to be honest.

2 Likes

60s or 80s.

60s only kick in properly in 67 for me, love a lot of music from those final 3 years of the decade but I probably get a better mix from the 80s overall. 60s can do one.

Like, there’s good stuff from before then obviously but not so good that it wouldn’t be worth losing all the stuff I hate.

feel like I should love the 00s as it was my formative years, but pretty sure all the good bands from then were either 90s spillovers or carried on into the 10s

Anonymous poll

Try again

1 Like

Doesn’t matter how “warm” it sounds if the music is tedious old shit though.

1 Like

Can’t think of anything post 2010 I’ve enjoyed that hasn’t been a rehash of anything that came before, so it’s the 10s for me

3 Likes