One Hundred Years of Solitude

oh my what a marvelous masterpiece
I’ve been seven days living in Macondo. I’ve felt solitude, I’ve seen generations come and go and I’ve cried during whole chapters. I don’t think I have words to express how I feel after having finished it.
If you haven’t read it, please do it, but only if you’re prepared. Really, it’s an unforgetable experience.

Ever read Gravitys Rainbow?

No, should I?

Great book terrible song

One of those things people insist you absolutely must investigate but which in reality is just pretty boring, like, say, Either/Or, or Paris, Texas.

Maybe my favourite book – certainly up there.

If you want to stay in that world a little longer, ‘No One Writes To The Colonel’ is a collection of stories that take place in Macondo

Yes, I read it some weeks ago! I really liked it, but until now I didn’t know they took place in Macondo, too.

[throws phone at the wall]

Its good but I think I prefer Love in the time of Cholera.

I much preferred Love in the time of cholera.

One of my faves, I love books that follow people over years, like East of Eden too.

I was amazed at how easy it was to follow, considering massive plot changes pretty much occur on each page. The only thing that was difficult was the names, Jose Arcadio/ Benduia etc

Your acts of indie contrariness are the occasions when you sound the most boring. Counter intuitive, you’d think.