Ongoing Football Thread For Domestic Football Concerns During the 2018 World Cup

He started well but he and Rashford were basically alternating coming on as impact subs and doing well in games, neither of them were playing well from the start of games.

Isn’t that more to do with the Man United curse that turns all exciting attacking players into stodge merchants

2 Likes

Premier League fixtures are out in 2 mins…

Arsenal City on day one! Ooft!

1 Like

Man Utd away on the first day. Fan fucking tastic.

1 Like

And then Arsenal away at Chelsea! Ooft!

Arsenal away, Liverpool away and Spurs away in the first ten games.

Seems fair.

1 Like

Chelsea away from home on Boxing Day for the first time in living memory. Which is good. Games against nearly all the main title contenders at home in the first half of the season and away in the second. Not so good.

Seems that the fixtures have transpired once again to make it difficult for my team

9 Likes

Ffs, Leicester away while I’m on holiday. Reckon my Leicester mates could’ve sorted some tickets for that.

I’d see that as a positive. Recent history’s shown it’s better to hit the ground running.

Also, why doesn’t it just say ‘Week 1, Week 2, etc’ for now, rather than Saturday 1500 when in reality there is only going to be 1 or 2 games that are Sat 3pm.

I think you’d have to strongly fancy Manchester United based on those fixtures.

2 Likes

that’s quite a nice start and finish for Liverpool

First 4:
West Ham
Palace
Brighton
Leicester

Last 4:
Southampton
Chelsea
Cardiff
Huddersfield

Fucking hell! My lot have got to play all of the other teams AWAY as well as at home. Throw the season in the bin now.

14 Likes

Good first few, decent run in, good “busy festive period”. Nailed on.

1 Like

There are ones that will definitely be midweeks, I guess that’s why they do it.

Not many congested periods of big fixtures either.

Give us the trophy now

1 Like

I’m delighted with Fulham away on the opening day. It should be a lovely day out.
Huddersfield away and Bournemouth away, are two two trips I’d also like to do early on.

We also have a relatively kind start.

Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Watford (A)
Southampton (H)
Hudderfield (A)
Newcastle (H)
Bournemouth (A)

But I’m sure I said that last year, and look what happened.