Ongoing Football Thread For Domestic Football Concerns During the 2018 World Cup

The inevitable happened to AC Milan…previous owner missed a payment, hedge fund sharks jumped straight in and took control

Might not be as bad as it first seems, though. Sure, they’ve gained a club through pretty distasteful means…but at a discount price. And rather than sell it on…the owner is talking about staying, realising that if he gets them back into the CL, he should be able to double the amount he paid if he were to sell. So…so long as he doesn’t spend over £300 million (net)…then it’s a healthy profit.

Could be the best thing to happen to AC in years. And it’s probably just what Serie A needs…

glad seri’s gone to the neutrals, probably means we’re keeping kante.

Jorginho to Chelsea DONE

This is going to be superb bullet dodging from City with both Jorginho and Fred now eh

I think that might be the defining transfer of the summer. Really fancy Chelsea next season. A Kanté/Jorginho midfield will be pretty inpenetrable.

Think City are being a bit naive in their transfer dealings of late. He was their number one target and it was all agreed then they started haggling over minute add-ons. I mean, it’s worked out well when other players have gone elsewhere, but this was exactly the player we needed.

1 Like

Must be something in the manchester and salford water

Also think City have caught a bit of the didn’t-want-him-anyway-itis from other clubs. Not sure i’m a big fan of that. If i was a player and got offered much better pay to move to London over Manchester and work for a coach i knew over one i didn’t i’d go to Chelsea, 100%. Not sure style of play/performance under a previous coach would have a bearing on anything, and i’d want to know i’d play.

So when are United gonna sign Harry Maguire?

We needed him a lot more than City tbh. Who would he have replaced in the city lineup? Fernandinho?

surely pickford will get a move to a bigger club too after his WC display?

I expect this will be Fernandinho and maybe Silva’s last season at City, yeah. Both still brilliant, but i suspect the plan was for them to share duties with Jorginho and Bernardo next year.

1 Like

You should be going after Isco as hard as possible to replace silva. Can’t think of another player that would be more suited to pep

Would be great if he crossed Merseyside

1 Like

He’d cost too much. Minimum £100m, probably up to £150m, if Real even considered selling at all, and it wouldn’t be this summer now Ronaldo’s gone to Juventus and Bale’s talking to United.

The rumour is Kovačic.

he’s worth that and more imo. interested to see him under lopetegui and ronaldo gone though, I guess.

Think Isco might’ve been possible with Zidane still in charge, but he’s Looetegui’s golden child. Absolutely no chance he’s going but it’ll be nice to see him absolutely central to Madrid’s play going forward.

Seri to Fulham is absolutely insane. Should’ve gone to a top six club - and the likes of Everton, West Ham, especially Newcastle should feel aggrieved that promoted clubs are getting amazing continental marquee signings they’re not even in for.

I reckon the league’s shaping up quite nicely though. Most of 8th-20th should generally look better next season, especially West Ham, Everton and the promoted clubs

Who could you see struggling. Obvious ones are Cardiff and Huddersfield, Fulham if we get some injuries. Bournemouth, Brighton and Newcastle will all be around there. Had enough of Watford now so happy to bin them off, reckon it might be a big crash of a season for Burnley for some reason

Burnley won’t go down but they won’t be able to challenge for the top half again unless they sack off Europe or invest in a deeper squad.

Think Bournemouth eventually are due a season like Stoke, Southampton etc where the same old approach no longer cuts it. If Newcastle can keep the same squad and unity from the latter half of last season, that’ll help.

Huddersfield and Cardiff will both really struggle. It’ll be tough for Brighton.

Completely forgot Southampton stayed up. Jeez theres a lot of dross

Antonio GONEte