Ongoing Football Thread For Domestic Football Concerns During the 2018 World Cup

Shame, though it surely would smash Sean’s gif limit anyway

I’d expect Jorginho to play deeper than Kanté under Sarri. Kanté box-to-box. Maybe Hazard as a number eight in a 4-3-3.

Bloody hell that’s a lot of lads

Kenedy is already at Newcastle on loan again

Dunno if this is gonna work…

it didn’t.

Well anyway, just imagine a 4-4-2 diamond, all the players we’ve bough remain, pretty much all our other players stay except Ramsey leaves and we bring in Rabiot to replace. Torreira sits at the base, Maitland Niles and Xhaka compete for the right centre-mid spot (Maitland Niles is gonna be a starter for England at the Euros imo). Ozil behind Laca and Aubameyang up top, yes please thanks.

Oh we might sell Welbeck too. Reiss Nelson needs to get game time so he’ll sign that sweet, sweet three year extension.

We need a new CB if/when Toby goes. Reckon Rose will stay so defence is fine other than that. Main concern is centre mid as dembele is moving on. Wanyama and Dier is not creative enough and Winks is only young and has been out most of the season. Could drop Eriksen deeper but it’s still an area we need to strengthen. Would love to sign Martial or someone to challenge Kane and as an option out wide. Move Sissoko on as well please

I’m going to try a complete Premier League detox this coming season.

Makes sense to do it when City have been the greatest team the country’s seen and England won the moral World Cup.

1 Like

----------Italiano-----------
Galloway----Durante----Taylor-------Fox/new signing
------------Rufer/new signing------------Parkhouse /new signing
-------Krishna----------???----------Singh
-----------------Burns

Other than the centre-backs and three of the front four, f**king grim. (Wellington Phoenix FC - Wikipedia)

(I mean I could do a United formation, but no-one wants to see that).

Here we go. Fancy dan app.

Emerson over M.Alonso?

Alonso is suspect defensively. He’s good going forward but, personally, it’s not a trade off I’m willing to make. Liked Emerson when he came on, idk. Bored of signing wing backs too

1 Like

Reckon we’ll be something like this:

First 11 looks pretty good - still really need a proper defensive mid though.

Real worry is most of the back up options are crap/are injured/will probably be sold.

well that didn’t work:

wwwws2

Ddg

Valencia
Smalling
Jones
Young

Fred
Matic
Fellaini

Mata
Lukaku
Sanchez

Jose gone by Christmas

Was lying in bed the other night and remembered out of the blue that we will have Alexis fucking Sanchez playing with no positional sense in every important match next season.

4 Likes

I’m going back to watching F.C. United. Away at Stockport first game of the season if anyone fancies it.

1 Like

We’re planning on trying to get in some Guiseley FC action this season

15th September your forecourt 14.45. Straightener.

Do you really think Ramsey will still go? A lot of the rumours have died down and it seems like he might be close to an extension.

Emery seemingly loves him too and has also said that he is a player he’d like to build the squad around.

Out of hospital maybe, but good luck with trying to sell him:

1 Like