Ongoing Football Thread For Domestic Football Concerns During the 2018 World Cup

You know how usually a controversial incident lets people see behind the mask of players, and they just seem to confirm they’re an awful person from that moment on (e.g. JT)? Never really happened to Hazard…in fact over time it feels like the consensus has moved in his favour regarding that incident

2 Likes

That’s one of my favourite recent premier league moments

1 Like
3 Likes

2 Likes

Man United will be down to twelve full internationals if they give the World Cup lads the first couple of games off!

West Ham’s purchase list so far:

Fabianski
Fredericks
Wilshere
Diop
Yarmolenko
Anderson
and more, I believe

One way or another, they’re going to be an interesting follow this year. As Nestor was talking about upthread…potentially a few too many flaky players, which could end in disaster

Man Utd!

It’s pleasing just how on-brand West Ham’s signings have been. Even got in an absolute flake of a manager to oversee it all.

Remember when Spurs ‘sold Elvis and bought The Beatles’? Judging by that list West Ham have bought, like, The Monkees or something.

2 Likes

Mighty Latics unbeaten in preseason!!

(Played 1, won 1. Beat Tranmere 2-1)

Copa America will switch to being the same year as the Euro’s after the 2019 edition, which means a 5 year wait till 2024

Copa America 2024 is in Ecuador, Euro 2024 is either Germany or Turkey. does the time difference (7 or 8 hours) mean we could end up with something completely mad like 6 or 7 games to watch in a day across both tournaments? :smiley:

3 Likes

Well we haven’t sold our ‘Elvis’ yet, so that at least is a little different to that Spurs era and say Everton last season. Feels like we’re actually trying to build something and acting like a normal club for once. Time will tell as Arnautovic going to fund this is could still be a possibility.

Obviously time will tell, but I’d argue Wilshire is the only one that’s truly on-brand. The others do feel weirdly decently compared to the last couple of seasons (esp 16/17) - the Payet for Snodgass swap, Joe Hart, Arbeloa, Evra, Zaza when people only knew him for that penalty…

1 Like

Don’t think we have an Elvis to sell, sadly.

They’ve sold the Orange Organics to sign the Saw Doctors.

1 Like

Oh I totally forgot that the cup of nations was switching to the summer. Those two on at the same time should be fun!

I wrote this long thing on Leeds 1992 title win:

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1018791906745208834/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1018791906745208834&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Flive%2Ffootball%2F44840053

Picture 3: tfw your blood is full of Dr. Cugats sweets, but the test comes back clear

3 Likes

Alexis Sanchez not allowed into America because of his criminal record, apparently…?

his performances over the last year have been pretty criminal

8 Likes