Ongoing Football Thread For Domestic Football Concerns During the 2018 World Cup

I put down Liverpool as my title winner…but I think city are favourites. Would just be nice to have (another) different winner.

FWIW, I’ve almost certainly not seen as much of Liverpool as you, but I reckon someone like Fekir could be the gamechanger. More as a playmaker, to help break teams down when the usual plan isn’t working. Surprised they didn’t go in (to my knowledge) for Lemar again

Post can’t be empty

2 Likes

Apparently we’re buying mitro for 20mil and Newcastle are spending that on rondon. Seems fucking daft to me, good for Fulham though

1 Like

the new spurs stadium looks like a shitter

20 Likes

i can’t believe they put the pitch outside the ground!!1!

20 Likes

7 Likes

“To dare is to doo-doo”

1 Like

Yeah, from what I’ve seen Fekir is fantastic and would be a perfect fit for the 4231 (or some variation), which I expect we were planning to use a lot with him. Even with Fekir, still think we’d be missing someone with pace in reserve/rotation, but he’d have pretty much completed the starting lineup to be as good as can be realistically expected.

Most Liverpool journalists now very emphatically reporting that the deal is completely dead, though, with no alternative likely. Could be complete bollocks as several of them also said we weren’t in for Alisson, but if true then that leaves Lallana and Sturridge as the only two (less than ideal) options for that kind of role.

Bit of a “good deal all round” really, except maybe for West Brom. Mitrovic probably has the greater potential but Benitez clearly doesn’t trust him…so at lest with Rondon he will actually get played.

Think 20 mil for rondon is pretty good, even in the current market. Newcastle have played themselves into a corner a little bit, no way him and mitro should be worth the same amount but as you say, benitez has made it clear he doesn’t fancy him

Rafa’s hatred of Mitrovic is one of the great mysteries of our footballing age. Perhaps Mitro punted his dog into a canal, which tbf he looks fully capable of.

3 Likes

Slightly misread your original post, didn’t realise that was the price for Rondon too. Yeah…overvalued even in this market, but I presume Benitez has limited options

I just googled “Rafa Benitez dog canal” to see if this was true

£6/£5 NUS

14 Likes

Support from John Arne Five Iron

Obafemi Martins’ greatest goal.

Absolutely incredible that this is STILL man u’s back 4.

Wellington’s current first-team squad. Looks like we will be playing a teenage reserve keeper in midfield:

2 Likes

Shite Hart Lane