Ongoing Football Thread For Domestic Football Concerns During the 2018 World Cup

5 Likes

1 Like

At the time it was actually viewed as a very shrewd appointment.

Looking at the fixtures it probably wasn’t until early December that people started realising he was hopelessly out of his depth.

I dunno man, we lost to West Brom at home very early on in his reign…

Was mental as soon as it was announced I was doing my nut.

Him running away from reporters in the street. Wish he’d have got run over

1 Like

Sure, but we didn’t know that wasn’t a one off, and it was his only bad defeat until Decemberish. It was the back-to-back home defeats in December and January when i started realising it might prove hilarious anyway.

Think it was the bit where he said we would need to “make it difficult for Newcastle” before losing at home to them that did it…

1 Like

First text message I sent after Fergie’s retirement was announced simply read “Please not Moyes.”

A fully fit RVP would’ve probably got him Top 4/kept him in the job. Lots of rubbish 1-0 defeats or draws that were wins the season before because he banged a couple in.

Man Utd!

I think we’re forgetting how unanimously positive the media were that they’d gone for a British manager, and how sensible a pick it was given Ferguson had handpicked him.

Perhaps there was a disconnect between what the press and supporters thought, but they probably wouldn’t admit as much now anyway, and i remember lots of ‘Fergie knows best…’ nose-tapping and 'The ‘nited Way’ stuff, particularly amongst older supporters.

1 Like

Sexton reds are the worst.

“We’ve got to give him time I remember us getting relegated”

We won the league 6 months ago you deluded old mentalist

1 Like

So… what do you reckon ol’ Moyesey could’ve done differently line up and formation wise…?

1 Like

Martial wants out then unsurprisingly

Yeah he’s gone. One year left on his contract so not much leverage either.

Signing Sanchez was such a shit call

5 Likes

There’s a one year extension clause on the contract.

Would be much more gutted if it was Rashford tbh, Martial has all the ability in the world but I’m not necessarily convinced he’s got the drive to fulfill his potential (this will obviously come back to bite me in the bottom)

1 Like

In!?
You filthpot

1 Like

So glad I don’t need to pretend not to hate Oxlade Chamberlain anymore. Such a private school twat.

1 Like

Feel like he was already pretty close in the first half of the season? At least to showing the kind of progression that a player of his age would be expected to. Was certainly playing at a much higher level than Sanchez too

1 Like