Ongoing Football Thread For Domestic Football Concerns During the 2018 World Cup

Things that you quite like in football sometimes outside of actual match situations:

Players on the continent referring to their manager as “The Mister”

2 Likes

I think the money is going straight to the owners and I’m not sure anyone cares. There’s a weird sense of tranquility around the club, I think since we won the league everyone is kind of ‘well… we won the league, who cares what happens now’.

1 Like

foreign footballers in England calling the manager the gaffer in interviews

5 Likes

Reckon Barca will look to offload Yerry Mina with Vidal coming in. Think they’d be over the limit of non-EU players so have to ship out a South American and Valverde doesn’t seem to like him.

Think someone could be in for a really really good player. Didn’t start that well at Barca but was absolutely immense at the World Cup. They’d be daft not to loan him or add a buy-back for when there’s inevitably a new manager in a year or two and he’s had more experience of top-level European football.

Would be a ridiculously good signing for a side like Everton

We’re gonna sign him, he’ll be ropey or injury-prone and will just be yet another fucking centre-half to put in a tombola machine to select a back four week-to-week.

1 Like

Reckon the reports have just been to play Levy’s hand with Alderweireld. Surely not signing two?

Pogba could kind of be included here, given how hyped he was

To an extent I guess, yeah.

Possibly (and I hope so) but I’ll believe Alderweireld when I see it tbh

with a regional twang too

Lloris
Trippier
Davies
Vertonghen
Sanchez
Dier
Winks
Eriksen
Alli
Son
Kane

Decent window

Amos is the new Winks and Skipp is the new Amos if anyone’s interested btw

richard keys can fuck off

10 Likes

what’s the betting ashley will be invited to do another “heartfelt interview” by his wanker mates at Sky Sports?

1 Like

truth is it simply ‘closes’

4 Likes

Probably would make my top-5 sentences

The phrase, ‘noncey cunt’ in the comments amused me and I’m not really proud of myself.

Imagine how much of a dickhead you’d have to be to stick up for Mike Ashley

(Richard Keys level of dickhead is the answer, obvs)

3 Likes

Going to the match on Sunday and obviously very excited because bloody Marcelo Bielsa is managing, but if it wasn’t for that I’d gladly go another 2-3 weeks without footy.

After the World Cup the break feels shorter than ever and honestly just fatigued by it.

I’m fucking itching for the season to start tbh.

Last couple of weekends without matches have just been dull.