Onion rings are shite

Eat them if they’re there but nothing to get excited about it. Usually eat them first to get them out the way.

12 Likes

Yeah I agree

4 Likes

Hahaha fuck me, how is this site free? Hahaha

1 Like

Nah. A good-sized, homemade, beer battered O-Ring is a delicious thing in it’s own right, as well as an accessory to other meals. You’ve got this one wrong I’m afraid.

25 Likes

You’ve fucked it m79.

9 Likes

Always slides out the batter :frowning:

6 Likes

Seldom done well.

Garlic rings

4 Likes

Battered garlic? shrewbs, you’re a genius!

1 Like

The crisps are good.

2 Likes

Imagine if Gruff Rhys did a food/travel show where he travelled around sampling onion rings in different places and called it Onion Rings Around the World

16 Likes

And every time he was like “Yeah it’s okay I suppose. Onion in batter, same as the last one.”

10 Likes

Agreed. Particularly the crisps versions.

barleysugar, I love your work on this site and you are a very handsome man but I disagree with your opinions on onion rings.

8 Likes

I have enjoyed onion rings in the past and I will continute to enjoy them from from time to time

4 Likes

Certainly don’t need 6 onion rings, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Onion rings are average at best.

Onion ring crisps from Sainsbury’s are one of the best crisps. Very underrated.

1 Like

what are you talking about mate.

in fact, got my mondo meal tomorrow, which comprises a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a fuck load of onion rings

1 Like

how many is ideal for you?

Gonna have to go with 5 onion rings, absolute max, and even that might be pushing it. Could probably handle 3, but don’t really know why anyone would bother cooking just 3 of anything.

2 Likes