Online dating

The Asian language?

It’s a good language, tbf.

5 Likes

Have you seen some of the Arrested Development clips that haven’t got Ron Howard’s voiceover on yet? It’s a completely different and far worse show.

CWBAFT

2 Likes

Genuinely considered swiping right on the strength of this profile pic

10 Likes

If he’s the bird you’re into a winner. Not so much the beardy guy.

I sent a few messages out recently but no one seems to be interested. I may have to release trailers or an alternate reality game tie-in to my profile

Doing tinder was a really good idea

Oh man, I bet JJ Abrams would clean up the online dating game. Online content all over the shop

i’m not on facebook

It’s going to be a year since I started using online dating soon. Either I need to invent a new form of dating (carrier pigeons?) or accept that my only romantic options involve experimenting with audio tape to create the impression that someone else is in the room occasionally complimenting my choice of pasta sauce

3 Likes

After re-reading this a few times, I’ve remembered what you mean. Are you talking about when people say things like:

“Did some proper adulting today: sorted out my car insurance and paid off my credit card for the first time since uni!”

I assumed it was this… I only recall hearing it for the first time a couple of years ago, so wondering if it’s a generational thing.

1 Like

I do a full body cringe whenever I see it used. And you just know they are probably obsessed with Harry Potter (they’re in Slytherin), Sherlock and Doctor Who. And Disney. :roll_eyes:

In my news, I swiped right on Iron Fist/Loras Tyrell but alas we are not a match (haha)

Also my ex-colleagues were discussing the Pull a Pig thing as though it was some harmless joke, because they’re all thin and blonde and chic so would never happen to them, whereas it’s something that has happened to me a few times. It’s reminded me not to talk to a man ever again.

Pull a Pig?! JFC… Is this kind of thing still a thing?

Makes me fucking despair.

I matched with a skeleton called eric, so things are really looking up.

6 Likes

Had to Google ‘pull a pig’… My instinct is to say that any adults who either do this or seriously contemplate it must be sociopaths. But I realise that I think that because it’s comforting. The fact that it’s normal people who do this kinda thing is scary and incomprehensible to me.

Your colleagues should be spoken to by their managers and threatened with disciplinaries

4 Likes

Nooo!! These kinds of people are inevitably wannabe Ravenclaws who go on constantly about how much they love reading like it’s a rare and unusual pastime. And their favourite Disney princess is Belle because she gets a library (boke).

[I am a Slytherin]

I’d made an assumption as to what it was, but googling it still made me feel a bit queasy. Really gross.

Fast coming to the conclusion that no-sex-ever might be best for all involved, just remove it from society. Let our species gasp its last in a glorious eighty years or so, last one out turn the lights off.

8 Likes