Online dating

Me my GF on it, didn’t I.

1 Like

You?

7 Likes

I don’t think it’ll catch on, personally.

3 Likes

were you catfishing someone

4 Likes

I had a fun time using it and eventually met Wor Lass as a result.

My opinion of using a variety of sites (although not the apps the younguns use now) is that you kind of get what you pay for.*

*not a reference to prostitution

1 Like
1 Like

you’d be in good company

1 Like

Got mad amounts of dick from Grindr

9 Likes

My favourite Grindr proposition

34 Likes

I have absolutely 0 (zero) experience of online dating

it’s a whole subculture which is entirely alien to me

2 Likes

ASL?

2 Likes

I started using it last year, I have yet to go on an actual date. It’s kind of awkward and I don’t think it’s really for me, but I’m shit at real life dating stuff as well.

Form an orderly queue, ladies.

5 Likes

been a long time since i was on any but if i was gonna do it now i’d probably go one of those boring paid ones like guardian dating or something where it’s all like boring grownups with boring jobs where people have a bit more invested in it. the free ones like OKC and co are kind of a clusterfuck (cwbaft, etc) which can be both good and bad depending how seriously you wanna take it

2 Likes

Only experience I’ve had is observing my friends use guardian soulmates (lots of my friends used this), plenty of fish and then tinder. Guardian soul mates and pof has worked for the vast majority of them! Tinder, not so much.

Heard a lot of horror stories about idiot asshole men being idiot assholes.

also i mainly used tastebuds when i was doing it coz it was full of hipsters but i dunno if it exists any more

1 Like

Only ones I used were Tinder (shite) and OKC (worked for me!)

i find this both shocking and surprising

i did meet someone super cool through OKC but felt like there was a ton of bullshit to go through on that site to make it worthwhile.

1 Like

Haha, indeed. Was going to write specifics but it was too depressing.

We should all hookup tbh.

Male
Cisgender
Immigrant
Not 29
Allergic to cats
Likes bikes and big willies

DINNER?

1 Like

My Dad (70 this year) was on POF until relatively recently and seemed to do pretty well out of it.

Tinder doesn’t seem to me to be any more/less successful than any other online dating thing. Going to 2 weddings next year where the couples met on tinder.