Online dating

I had a look at POF but just looking at the interface of the site made me feel momentarily profoundly opposed to the idea of romance in all its forms

3 Likes

Maybe. Dunno.

I think what I want is an online dating site for people like me who are reluctant to use online dating sites but are aware that it’s probably the only way they’re ever going to actually date anyone

You deserve it for going on PoF.

I found POF utterly soulless and shit.

4 Likes

just logged into okc for the first time in a while and all the questions are about determining whether you’re a fascist or not.

2 Likes

Aw mate, of all the bearded white blokes on here, you have one of the best bearded white faces. You’re a good’un, japes.

2 Likes

and?

Buy a bike and then get on www.ride2love.dating

this is all dating sites, friend!

1 Like

Here is a moderately interesting story of an awkward online date I had a few years ago.

When arranging for a day/time for a date, we agreed on a night I was going to a gig. I think I offered the option of meeting up in a pub for a couple of hours beforehand and then I could go to the gig afterwards (always nice to have an escape option if it doesn’t go well), or the other option of meeting up at the gig if she liked the music.
Unfortunately she chose both options - i.e. meet up for a couple of hours beforehand, and then go to the gig. Which seemed like a terrible idea to me, as it could potentially mean 5+ hours of awkwardness if we didn’t click. But she bought a ticket, and so it goes.

Anyway, we didn’t click. The drinks were silently painful, and we both had little to say to each other, with so many awkward silences.
To fill one of the awkward silences, and potentially take up a tiny bit of time, I asked ‘Shall we go to the venue?’.
She replied saying ‘Would you be offended if I went home?’
I said ‘No!’
She then said ‘I just feel like going back’.
Awkward silence.
Then I said ‘Ok, shall we go now?’
‘Yes.’
Then hug goodbye, with me walking quickly away to the gig, cringing the whole time, but super happy.
I’m thankful to her for her honesty to this day.

5 Likes

I respect her honesty here
I would have silently gone through with the gig and died more every second

5 Likes

that’s really the second best outcome of a date.

both people are into it: great
both people are not into it: fine
only one of you thinks it’s going well: problems

6 Likes

had an almost exact opposite experience of this. met for pre-gig drinks and it was pretty painful conversation-wise but we were both into the band so were always gonna have to stick it out. couple of beers later we both totally relaxed and had loads of fun at the gig, it got quite rawkus actually. i remember making out in the middle of a mosh pit :joy:

3 Likes

How come Slayer never sing about this?

5 Likes

(ignore this)

ooft

1 Like

Yeah I might abandon that reply if that’s okay?

1 Like