Online dating

:blush::hugs:

Dinner?

1 Like

If someone can love and adore me despite all my many, so many, faults then it can happen for anyone.

Well, with a bit of luck. Being in the right place at the right time.

For instance, the day that I met my current partner of getting on towards four years was a Friday. I was going home from work. I encountered a friend on the street who lived locally. Heā€™d just moved there so he invited me in for an after work bottle of ale. (Heā€™d stocked up at Clapton Craft, bottles and growlers.)

While we were at his house, still drinking and chatting, another friend phoned him to say that it was his girlfriendā€™s birthday and his flat was starting to fill up with women so did we want to come round and keep him company. Being a pub manager, he had a large collection of bottled beers. So of course we said yes.

By about 10.30 or so the girls decided to go to a local bar. Us three blokes went with them. Why not? And thatā€™s where I met my now partner. On a night where I was going to go home and spend a Friday night alone but random circumstances led me to do something else instead.

5 Likes

Aw what a nice story :slight_smile:

The point of the story, though, is to illustrate how a change in routine, a spontaneous decision, saying yes instead of no, and so on, can end up making a huge difference in your life. And how you never know - and I had at the time decided to never actively look for a new boyfriend after the last one fucked off - what is possibly right around the corner. What might happen tonight, tomorrow or next week.

1 Like

Getting really quite lonely now but in no position to do anything about it.

thatā€™s probably true for people with jobs or a social life or in a city, I think my best bet is to continue working on coming to terms with and accepting my loneliness.

My friend met her partner after we decided at midnight to phone a taxi and go to a club - complete spur of the moment decision. Anyway she met him in that club and theyā€™ve been together for 12 years. Often wonder who she wouldā€™ve ended up with if not for that last minute decision.

:musical_note: And when we woooooke up that morning we had nooooo way of knowing :musical_note:

6 Likes

Same. Wish I was a robot and I could turn my love protocol off. Would just prefer not to feel anything or be able to notice it around me.

I reactivated my OKC profile at the weekend to see if there were any nice Dutch people who might want to meet me and marry me and teach me Dutch and give me a job and help me move there.

Then came home (without much luck) and saw a really nice person on there, but was in dire need of updating my awful (and outdated) profile so held off until the next day.

Then I went to message her and sheā€™s gone :ā€˜ā€™ā€˜ā€™(

Saw the strangest profile ever

ā€˜on here to make asian friends iā€™m not racist just obsessed with the languageā€™

1 Like

Narrator: they were racist.

6 Likes

The Asian language?

Itā€™s a good language, tbf.

5 Likes

Have you seen some of the Arrested Development clips that havenā€™t got Ron Howardā€™s voiceover on yet? Itā€™s a completely different and far worse show.

CWBAFT

2 Likes

Genuinely considered swiping right on the strength of this profile pic

10 Likes

If heā€™s the bird youā€™re into a winner. Not so much the beardy guy.

I sent a few messages out recently but no one seems to be interested. I may have to release trailers or an alternate reality game tie-in to my profile