Online dating

There used to be the most incredible ‘Single and looking for a woman’ page on this Scottish nationalist’s blog - unfortunately he’s removed the old blog posts (including ones about how he was in love with Condoleezza Rice), but the text from the ‘looking for a woman’ post is still up here:

http://www.scotland.com/forums/personals/22533-peter-dow-single-looking-woman.html

Only one way to find out.

Be careful…

I was about to say no way is this person real but :slightly_frowning_face:

Extra creepy that he’s happy to take on a 16 year old “ready to learn”

He looks a bit like AA Gill but with a more rectangular head.

Lordy. He reminds me of this MRA guy I used to work with. They have the same expression, almost oblivious to themselves. (The MRA guy had his own self-written Wikipedia entry. Currently saved as draft).

1 Like

I like his tie. It’s subtle.

Used to be good at getting dates and having good times but I’m back on tinder and okc now and have literally sent nearly 40 messages without reply :frowning: Don’t know what’s going on.

One thing I’ve noticed on okc is that a lot of girls are now saying don’t message them if they haven’t liked you first, but there are so many guys on there I doubt they will have seen every potential like. I dunno.

Cant really blame them tbh. Id get a lot of messages back like ‘finally a message from someone who doesnt sound like a psychopath’

Don’t take it to heart elth, it’s a bit of a numbers game. On top of the probably loads of regular messages they get there’ll be a fuckton of dickheads sending dick pics/being abusive. It’s a minefield to wade through which can mean genuine messages get lost in the muddle. Blame the douchebags man, they’re ruining it for everyone.

2 Likes

I hate the douchebags so much. I always imagine a golden age of online dating I missed the boat for where it’d be easy to message someone without thinking “she probably assumes my messaging her like a normal person is some kind of post-post-post-post-PUA tactic whereby the man acts like he isn’t a psychopath because it increases his ‘dating market value’ at which point said man will gradually become insane and send her animated gifs of him attacking drugged bears with his wang because this is scientifically proven to attract women because of evolutionary imperative and dinosaurs”

1 Like

I would turn for @Lo-Pan :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve been relatively successful on tinder but the only time I’ve actually wanted things to progress further it didn’t work out.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Wouldn’t we all.

Wait, that makes no sense. But you know what I mean.

2 Likes

Anyone who wants Roscoe and Marlon dialogue whispered softly into their ears by candlelight is free to drop me a DM

2 Likes

Yeah it’s like:

You have 20 new messages today! And your heart sinks. It’s not twenty pleasant people who have things in common with you saying hello.

It’s:

Some guy sending you a sleazy message that makes you feel a bit ill
A guy who had seemed pleasant and polite is now suddenly screaming at you out of nowhere
Several people who live 300 miles away and are 20 years older than you
Someone sending you a “clever” chatup line, that is copied and pasted and you have received twenty times before
A weird patronising passive aggressive message putting you down
Somebody sending really pushy messages to get you to act out their weirdly specific fetish- in my case always seems to be men who want to be coffee tables for you

And it’s like your brain has to deal with all those, and you have to block a few more people before you can even think about answering the messages from nice people.

2 Likes

I hope you wrote them out in calligraphy on a fancy scroll as well. Notebooks are not going to cut it in this scenario.

(Maybe some kind of fancy handbound notebook)

had been thinking about getting back on tinder

now i’m thinking maybe i can’t be fucked

would pay money to an agency who’d do all the work for me, like using a recruitment agency to find a job but for dating