👗👔👙👖 Ooooh, FASHION!

I’d say that sounds like you have a very definite sense of your own style, which is better than wearing the latest shit purely because it’s trendy!

I love ASOS, they are probably the best place for plus size fashion, but so hit and miss.

3 Likes

No, no, I wore shorts for four months straight last year. My friends and family were mortified but fuck it, I looked great.

1 Like

A bit of knowing my own style and a bit of being very lazy because I know it’s comfortable.

I get most of my clothes second-hand now. It’s much better for people and the planet but discovering depop has been absolute murder for my bank balance. Latest purchase for the low low price of £10:

6 Likes

Sanctimonious twat.

1 Like

jeans - got 3 pairs of levi 519’s, one black, one dark blue and one kinda washed out black, they’re quite pricey but last a while and fit well

last thing i bought was a pair of stupidly expensive shoes for my wife’s birthday but it’s a big birthday and i know she’ll love them

I’ve had my eye on this for a few weeks though:

http://m.asos.com/glamorous/glamorous-tea-dress-in-leopard-floral/prd/9041115

2 Likes

The thing that’s held me back is that I only really wear black Dr martens boots and I’m not sure I’m in to the whole floral dress/DMs look :thinking:

Obligatory:

TBH given what you’ve posted from ASOS in the past I can well believe they could be conned into selling everyone Bablyon 5 / Crusade uniform copies as fashionable modern clothes.

I get a lot of clothes second hand off eBay - a lot of expensive-ish high street labels will sell for a fraction of the price even though they’ve only been worn twice. Sometimes I’ll buys something, wear it a few times then sell it on again.

1 Like

I love florals & DMs! But I have a desperate want to be as girly as possible at all times, tbf

I try and shop second hand when I can. It’s very difficult to find decent stuff in my size in 2nd hand shops or markets, but I’ve bought/sold a lot on Depop and eBay in the past. I absolutely love clothing swaps as well, some of my friends organise plus size ones so we can definitely find things that fit us, and it’s always so much fun trying everything on!

2 Likes

Can someone find me the perfect dress please… or at least find me the perfect assortment of keywords so I can find an array of the exact right type of dresses that’ll fit my body type, colouring etc.

What’s your idea of a perfect dress?

Hmm… it’s a good question…

Sooo I like skater dresses, tea dresses, smocks, pencil dresses. Prefer short dresses because I’m 5ft2. I like sleeves because I’m not a fan of showing the top of my arms. Also, I’m not a huge fan of showing my cleavage anymore, quite a big fan of shirt dresses or high neck dresses. I like pinafores too.

Have you seen the tv series Love? I pretty much love all the clothes bertie wears in that! And Mickey, but berties clothes seem a bit more retroey… ish…

Painting a clear picture for ya there! :smiley: I’ve got a bit of an annoying body, my hips aren’t that big but they still seem to get in the way a lot. ALSO, my torso seems kinda short?

2 Likes

I sew a bit! (When i can be arsed)
You can always unpick it if it goes wonky.
I like to stick with simple patterns because i know my projects tend to stall if i get to a bit that’s a faff so i don’t sew anything with too much faff

1 Like

This kind of basic style?

Most dressed I’ve ever owned are this shape - so easy to wear!

2 Likes

I love denim jackets with borg lining, even though everyone’s bloody wearing them

Ah no, I can’t wear those because my hips get in the way sadly :confused: hmm I know that doesn’t make much sense because it sinches in at the waist but they sit funny on me.

I wear these dresses because they’re forgiving on big hips (or so I thought). Are you better off with a shift/tunic dress then?