Oops - Error 500

In the last day or so, I’ve found that DiS gets a 500 error when leaving a page open for a while, and then refreshing it. I’ve been able to reproduce it on mobile (Android) and desktop (Windows / Chrome) so far, and not consistently.

e.g. this link currently looks like this for me:

Windows / Chrome

Android

Oops
The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We’ll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site’s feedback category.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that

2 Likes

Yes!

I had it on desktop Chrome earlier as well

Deal with it, douchebags!

6 Likes

I just got it

Getting it on the ‘Great Things…’ thread every time I try to open in in desktop Chrome now.

Was getting this on the Owen Pallett thread yesterday and on the Kanye thread today (desktop Firefox).

Both seem to work ok on mobile though.

Not true, see OP

Yep, same.

Oops

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We’ll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site’s feedback category.

Do any of the @moderators have access to the logs?

There are multiple 500 errors on the Discourse support board, but from different causes. It’s not worth raising something there unless we have that information. It’s not provided in the network call.

It’s fine, we just want to limit the likes you steal.

(On desktop) I’ve found that deleting the post number reference from the end of the URL will at least allow the page to load.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s as though it’s some sort of caching issue, as revisiting the same post from the board home again doesn’t cause the 500 error to happen twice

Just +1ing that I’ve been getting this too, seems to happen more in new tabs? That might not actually be true, though.

Bets on what the cause ends up as with this one:

• A bug in Discourse. Kudos to the DiS community for finding it!
  • Sean found a plugin on www.very-real-discourse-plugins.us which allows you to play midi songs on your profile page and installed it
  • Other

0 voters

Discobot is just trying to improve your experience by the sounds of things.

2 Likes

Was it Sean?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

4 Likes

This is happening when i try to mute specific posters
Bad