Opening Hours

1 Like

90% of hairdresses (and at least half of the pubs and bars near me) don’t open on Mondays, and quite a few on Tuesdays.

incorrect the both of you, I expected it from Balonz but not Marckee. The bakeries that produce bread for surrounding businesses and area usually open at around 3am and close at 1pmish it used to be common place.

They mostly sell Cornish pasties and Bakewell tarts the size of my face.

always thought this with retail the ideal opening hours for a shop would be 7.30am to 9.30am then 12 to 2pm and 5pm to 7pm.

For work once I had to get a document legalised by the Angolan embassy. Turns out that this is a service that is only available by turning up in person during one two hour window a week. They won’t even answer the phone outside of that time.

I asked around and somebody knew a man called Rupert who used to work at the Foreign Office who could get these things done for a small fee, but for a while it looked like I was actually going to have to traipse to the Angolan embassy from Cambridge to get the stupid thing done.

1 Like

I tried to get a shen gen visa for Spain for my then gf. It was the worst administrational experience I have ever had.

I did have to go the embassy in London twice! Still didn’t manage to get it.

this means nothing to me

2 Likes

@plasticniki we need your catchphrase here please

1 Like

“drying my fucking hands” ?

oh dear, japesy

1 Like

Lunchtime is from 12pm-1pm so this makes perfect sense. None of this “I take lunch at 1pm so I have a shorter afternoon!!” lark.

(I very rarely get a lunchbreak)