Ordering from a restaurant with an FHS rating of 3/5

• :no_good_woman:
  • :woman_shrugging:

0 voters

Lowest you’ll go

0 voters

Depend really if I trust it or not. You can lost food safety points for reasons like missing paperwork so it doesn’t necessarily indicate they lack in cooking and food prep

3 Likes

Just checked and the Chinese up the road is a 1.

So 1. Never had a bad meal from there, never been ill, always looks clean and in good order when I go in (can see down into the kitchen).

3 Likes

There’s a Tesco express up the road that got a food hygiene rating of 0 a few months ago. Not sure how far you have to go as a supermarket to get a 0. Rats stacking the shelves?
Depends how much I want the food. Usually want at least over a 3. Reckon there’s loads of stuff on the checklist I wouldn’t give a shit about.

1 Like

One of the best restaurants in our local area (in fact, regarded as one of the best Thai restaurants in the country) has failed its hygiene rating before. I’d still eat there, knowing what I do about how the assessments are made and the things that you can be failed on.

2 Likes

Rat poo’s actually quite tasty.

1 Like

Wife will only have a 5 so 5

not really bothered about hygiene

2 Likes

although, in these current times…

3 Likes

Local Indian got a 1 because they were never open when the inspector showed up. Ate there several times with no ill-effects.

1 Like

0 is fine sometimes too. The assesments are often bullshit.

1 Like

Our local curry house was delicious, but failed on some paperwork thing, so got a 0 or 1, so we stuck with it. But then about six months later there was reports of someone seeing a cockroach and we haven’t been back.

1 Like

I’ve said before that I used to get kebabs all the time from Crystal on Holloway Road and it was closed down at least twice due to hygiene issues. So I suppose my answer to this is yes, yes i would

And also when this type of thread came up previously I asked what rating do you reckon your own kitchen would get:

0 voters

See unless I’d seen it myself or heard first hand from someone I know then I’d dismiss this as bullshit too.

2 Likes

Very dubious about the person who said 5, you need loads of signage and a specific hand-washing sink for that and I don’t think that stuff would go with the decor down at Hoogy Towers.

2 Likes

I know of a restaurant with a fairly good reputation that scored a 1. Turns out thay didn’t have the correct paperwork for something.

1 Like

Probably zero, because of the food separation stuff, having two sinks, and things like having to change your apron when you’ve finished prepping raw vegetables

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever checked the hygiene rating of somewhere I’ve eaten/ordered from tbh.

6 Likes

First hand from a trusted source. It’s not a big problem though - in one half mile stretch of road there’s four curry houses and at least three Chinese takeaways (as well as a chippy), so we’re not at a loss

1 Like