Original pirate material

If you were to become a pirate tomorrow, sail the seven seas and all, do you think you would stick to the tired pirate tropes (parrot, patch, hook)? Alternatively do you think you would try something new, push the field of piracy in a new direction?

Galleon full of vhs

2 Likes

I would instead “steal the seven IPs”: patents, trade marks, copyright, design rights, know-how, trade secrets, and heart

11 Likes

1 Like

I reckon a modern day pirate would be well into vaping. Clouds of exotic smelling smoke as large as they can go.

5 Likes

You know, funnily enough I’m apparently descended from pirates but I don’t know how true that is.
I’d be terrible cause I’m scared of birds and get seasick. Love the outfits though.

2 Likes

A PIRATE I WAS MEANT TO BEEEE
TRIM THE SAILS AND ROAM THE SEEEAA

1 Like

Glad we are out of the somali pirate phase, the amount of jokes I had to endure :roll_eyes:

I would be a good pirate who helps clean up the oceans and that, and if I had to choose victims them I’d hit up the offshore bank islands

5 Likes

Getting 'Nam style flashbacks to the whale watching trip I really really really wanted to go on in the Azores. Realised before we’d even left the harbour that I was in trouble. It was a four hour cruise.

1 Like

I style myself as the pirate of east oxford

go around stealing cheese twists from the sainsburys bakery

Space pirate

a lovely post

I’d be a software pirate and wear a software patch.

This sounds like a great life to be honest. Saving the environment and stealing from the bankers

1 Like

Arrrr where’s me booty

Probably drink alcopops instead of rum as well

Bacardi Breezers

4 Likes

+ Blue Wkd. Very piratical.

1 Like

Reckon pirates would be well into Malibu

1 Like

Oh great a thread about Cornwall :face_vomiting:

4 Likes