Oscars 2023

7 Likes
7 Likes

Compared to the usual big spending campaigns and hype (and sometimes even payola), this does sound like a word of mouth thing around actors and friendship groups, so obviously the Academy want it investigated

1 Like

The Oscars are guff but it’s mad that Decision To Leave wasn’t nominated for best International film.

1 Like

My dislike of Tom Hanks stems fundamentally from his two dreadful Oscar acceptance speeches. If he’d never won I’d probably be a big fan.

Really intrigued who’s writing in to complain specifically. I guess studios who had hoped one of their stars would nab that spot? Is there anyone conspicuously absent from the Globes list maybe?

The two actresses who likely missed out are Danielle Deadwyler (in Till) or Viola Davis (in The Woman King)

2 Likes
1 Like

Seems weird the Razzies are still a thing now Rotten Tomatoes exists TBH

Cowards

6 Likes

maybe I’m getting soft in my old age (28) but I find the Razzies a bit mean spirited.

6 Likes
2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. They were quite fun in the 90s but they’re just nasty and tired now. This was almost certainly planned to be a bit controversial and give the people running it a bit of oxygen. Fuck em.

3 Likes
1 Like

Aftersun shoulda got cinematography and editing noms imo. Nope definitely should have got a sound one too (but nothing else). Also Bones and All should have got a nomination for general vibes

Very happy to see that Nope got 0 oscar nominations. I’ve always thought Peele’s films are a tad overrated but seeing Nope so high in so many End of the year lists blew my mind.

1 Like

8 Likes

All The Beauty and The Bloodshed

1 Like

Feel like this would make a really good separate thread.

:thread:

1 Like