Österreich

i like graz and i like the mountains and vienna is pretty but has no atmosphere

austrians are nice

Stephansplatz etc are pretty bland yes, but once you know some of the other areas and the backstreets it’s got its own distinctive Vienna thing, and quite a strong local accent/enjoyment of pisstaking and dad jokes.

Only been to Salzburg (dull) and Vienna (very pretty, but like Joke says not a lot of atmosphere). Went up a mountain too which was very nice. Would like to go to Graz when we’re allowed to go to places again.

Graz is cool and everyone sounds like Arnie, which is quite disconcerting when you’re teaching a bunch of 10 year olds and they speak like him.

Love Österreich. Went for the first time two years ago to run the Wachau Marathon along the Danube by Krems an der Donau. Beautiful town. Would like to go back for longer than a weekend.

Met these lads along the way

1 Like

Had the biggest schnitzel of my life in Vienna about 10 years ago. Ate so much and felt sick all night. Haven’t touched the stuff since.

2 Likes

go back specifically to visit to this castle I spied along the route

https://www.ruineaggstein.at/en.html

Milk and Cream - it’s the dairy quarter of Austria

1 Like

HotPorkTrauma

1 Like

This is actually my Xbox Live username because I couldn’t remember the password to my old HotBeefTrauma one

1 Like

I thought Vienna was one of the most incredible cities I’d ever been. Was so great just hanging out on the east side of the river with some beers watching the sunset

I met @acorn in Vienna when we were both there and we went to a cafe that @ghostpony recommended to us. That was nice.

1 Like

Good album this…

1 Like

Cafe Phil by any chance? The one that’s a book and record shop?

this is what i find in munich

Could make a good thread series this: just a different country every week and we all talk about it

I know when I’ve been in deepest rural Austria too long when I then travel via Munich and think the people there (the glaswegians of Germany) speak so nice and clearly

1 Like

I think it was Amerlingbeisl, in the courtyard outside. Then we went for a beer in WIRR or something like that

1 Like

Ah I know that street very well- the hotel my work uses in Vienna is around the corner, and it’s very handy having those side streets with so many nice places to eat and drink

1 Like

to a point, but I’ve not found anything outstanding or exciting and have spent a fair bit of time there in different areas, nights out etc. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky.