Other people's parents

Do they tend to like you or not?

I’m totally marmite, parents either love me or think I’m a bad influence (they don’t appreciate my fun and feisty attitude or way with words). Since hitting teenagedom I don’t think any of my bezzies’ parents have liked me, although they’ve appreciated the support I’ve offered their kid. I’ve always been polite and friendly but to no avail :frowning:

One of my best mates is quite vocal in believing that all parents LOVE her but my parents aren’t keen on her and think she’s very loud/attention seeking, which I find quite funny because she did go through a phase of banging on about how all parents thought she was great.

wbu?

1 Like

Think they mainly like me. Yet to bang any.

7 Likes

They overwhelmingly hate me bar a handful.

Don’t care though because most people of older generations are twats.

2 Likes

When I was a teen Dennis’ mum clumsily tried to set me up with her daughter

I didn’t perceive Dennis as being very keen on the idea and his sister was clearly highly embarrassed by the whole thing so I never asked her out

1 Like

Yeah Paul Senior did , when we were waiting to go Leeds Fest he said if we got in any trouble with anyone to call him and he’ll come down and ‘thump’ them

I’m a non stop dad joke machine, and extremely unthreatening, they all love me. I do ham up the old eloquence a bit in polite company though.

8 Likes

I am the kind of sensible, hardworking and reliable (boring) friend that most parents want their teenage sons to be friends with.

1 Like

My secondary school best friends mum loved me so much she said she wanted to adopt me.
… Until my friend and her boyfriend had sex in her parents bed while they were away and she said it was me. Still mad about it :triumph:
Also she caught me smoking and thought I had got my friend into it but it was the other way around :triumph:

2 Likes

I am the world’s most charming human being when speaking to “other person’s Mum”

7 Likes

Can’t wait to be a stern older gentleman glancing disapprovingly from Hegel or some shit from behind some half moon spectacles

2 Likes

Yes because I’m a very polite boy

1 Like

What a weird claim to fame

Think they like me generally

Broke my mates parents radiator cover when I was pissed though. But the dad was okay with it and joked about it

stevebuscemifellowkids.jpg

Yeah, you knew what I meant though.

1 Like

Hell is other people’s parents

1 Like

@witches mum said a nice thing about me when she saw a pic of me from an Edinburgh meat a few yrs ago

4 Likes

I have a friend who’s dad’s a passive aggressive dickhead to quite a hilarious extent.

Other people’s parents, much like animals, tend to like me because I am slow moving and quiet and generous with the petting.

1 Like

She’s a wonderful friend and has loads of amazing qualities, but she does make herself a bit of a Mary Sue when retelling stories/compliments from other people - positive stuff is always amped up to the extreme. (I don’t doubt that many parents legit do love her though)

1 Like