Ought

Another maximum…

So has this album converted you into a fan?

My excitement dropped with that first single…so maybe its time to get hyped again

Though I haven’t read the DiS review as I don’t like Adcock’s writing style

Let’s not go nuts.

nah, I kid, as I was in my original post!

I put on Sun Coming Down again today as a result and it had more good things about it that I had forgotten about, I think you were pretty spot on about them being a band who haven’t quite reached their potential but show a lot of promise. I definitely do not think this is even remotely a 10/10 record (yet anyway) but I have enjoyed my couple spins of it so far.

full disclosure, I’m not really into that review either but just my opinion!

Only a 9 from L&Q

Only :thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

This record is stunning.

1 Like

Album is streaming on their website.

https://internetought.com/roominsidetheworld

10 Likes

I really really like this.

1 Like

based on one listen, it seems ok. it’s more 80s than I was expecting - a few of the earlier tracks reminded me of … Echo and the Bunnymen or something

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve smashed it. Next level shit

3 Likes

Brilliant on first listen. Sounds like a grower, too. Love the production.

3 Likes

This is very good

1 Like

Loving this!

1 Like

Listening to this at the moment in the pub by myself with a very nice pint and a book, I am very happy.

7 Likes

Living the dream

1 Like

That sounds just lovely.

1 Like

‘Desire’ is only one one that really stands out so far. Better than I expected from the singles though, reckon it could grow on me.

Just need to get over my own hang-ups about the cleaner sound probably

1 Like

Aye, the ‘cleaner sound’ was my initial offput on first listen this morning too but I think as I let it sink in, it really does feel like very solid progression from the groups previous output and Darcy’s Saturday Night (which I was a fan of).

Anyway I also think it’s brilliant and definitely a strong album of the month contender.

I instantly got over the change in production and altered vocals cos the songs (especially the first half) are just amazing

1 Like